Zonal Computing Olympiad
9th December, 2021
Inclusive of all taxes
Sun, 19th December, 2021
Zonal Informatics Olympiad
24th November, 2021
Inclusive of all taxes
Sun, 5th December, 2021
Algorithms are the driving force of the information age that we live in. Participating in the Indian Computing Olympiad will expose the students to the exciting world of algorithms and programming.
Any school student (upto standard 12) who enjoys solving problems and has interest in programming
Requires school level mathematics and some basic understanding of algorithms
Students can either write ZIO or ZCO, or attempt both, and then qualify through either one for INOI-2022
Starting this year, students will recieve Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards.
INR 472 (inclusive of GST)
Last date to register
24th Nov, 2021 (ZIO), 8th Dec, 2021 (ZCO)
- ZIO:Exam on Sunday, 5 December, 2021
- ZCO:Exam on Sunday, 19 December, 2021
Stages and Format
The three stages of ICO are as follows:
Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO)(Logical Puzzles Exam)
- Examination Centres:
Allahabad, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Goa, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Surat, Tiruchi, Trivandrum, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam.
- This is a regular examination that tests analytical and computational reasoning.
- It will be administered in cooperation with TCS ION, a division of Tata Consultancy Services.
- Format of the exam: Students will have to solve the questions displayed on computer screen and enter the final answer. They will be allowed to use pen and paper to solve the problems.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/ioi/zio
Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO)
- Examination Centres(Centres for ZCO-2022 are currently confirmed for the following 27 cities. More centres may be added in due course):
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Visakhapatnam.
- This will be a programming test
- The languages allowed for ZCO-2022 are C, C++, Java and Python.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/ioi/zco
- In this National round, about 250-300 students qualify from the Zonal round.
- This is an algorithmic programming exam of an advanced nature.
- Programming languages permitted - C++ only. C, Java and Python will not be available.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/INOIPRAC
Stage One: Zonal Rounds:ZIO and/or ZCO
Students can either write ZIO or ZCO, or attempt both, and then qualify through either one for INOI-2022.
Stage Two: Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI)
Stage Three: IOI Training Camp (TC)
- Top 25-30 students from the second stage are selected for the residential training camp.
- Here they are provided advanced training and from them, four students are selected to represent India at for IOI.
Note: All these exams are individual exams.