- PRACTICE & LEARN
- OUR INITIATIVES
- ASSOCIATE WITH US
Algorithms are the driving force of the information age that we live in. Participating in the Indian Computing Olympiad will expose the students to the exciting world of algorithms and programming.
Any school student (upto standard 12) who enjoys solving problems and has interest in programming
Requires school level mathematics and some basic understanding of algorithms
INR 472 (inclusive of GST)
Last date to register
7 December 2020
Examination Details (ZIO)
19th December, 2020 and the duration will be of 3 hours
Stages and Format
The three stages of ICO are as follows:
- This year, there will only be one entry round: the Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO)
- Exam format of ZIO-2021 (Logical Puzzles Exam)
- This is a regular examination that tests analytical and computational reasoning.
- It will be administered in cooperation with TCS ION, a division of Tata Consultancy Services.
- Format of the exam: Students will have to solve the questions displayed on computer screen and enter the final answer. They will be allowed to use pen and paper to solve the problems.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/ioi/zio
- Special Note
This year, there will be no ZCO due to logistical difficulties presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI)
- In this National round, about 250-300 students qualify from the Zonal round.
- This is an algorithmic programming exam of an advanced nature.
- Programming languages permitted - C++ only. C, Java and Python will not be available.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/INOIPRAC
IOI Training Camp (TC)
- Top 25-30 students from the second stage are selected for the residential training camp.
- Here they are provided advanced training and from them, four students are selected to represent India at for IOI.
Note: All these exams are individual exams.