Let more students know about it
Algorithms are the driving force of the information age that we live in. Spread the word to help the school students discover the exciting world of algorithms and programming.
International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) is the most prestigious international contest in Computer Science for high school students, with 85+ countries participating each year. The primary goal of IOI is to stimulate interest in algorithms and informatics (computing science) among young students.
To participate, Indian school students need to register for the Indian Computing Olympiad, which is the national exam conducted for the selection of four students who will go on to represent India at the IOI 2020 at Singapore in July 2020.
Only a handful of students are aware of this. From which last year only 1000+ students registered for the ICO exam but this year, we hope to triple that number. Considering the crores of eligible students, we think this is achievable. But, we cannot do this on our own; we need your help to make this possible.
So if you believe that Indian programmers can do well on the global stage but are unable to do so due to lack of awareness. This will be the first step towards winning a gold medal at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI).
We encourage school students, teachers, college students, professionals, parents and everyone else to join us. Your help is needed!
How can you help?
- Do your bit to enable school students to be better problem solvers and critical thinkers
- Help them expand their knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Provide them with a chance to explore competitive programming, which many of us did not get when we were young
Things you can do to spread the word
- Introduce school students around you to IOI and help them to register for the Zonal level. Here are all the resources that you need:
- Indian Computing Olympiad - Orientation ppt
- Poster to spread the word: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UszHRMu_48YlfKXkDPS3-Ip8OLthcDi-
- Preparation link you can share: www.codechef.com/ioi/prepare
- To help you reach out to schools/teachers: WhatsApp message/social media post and Email to schools/teachers
In case you have more ideas and would like to contribute more, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.