ICO 2019-20 | Registration Details
Please refer to the latest registration page of ICO 2021 here
Details about ICO
- Why register?
Algorithms are the driving force of the information age that we live in. Participating in the Indian Computing Olympiad will expose the students to the exciting world of algorithms and programming.
Any school student (upto standard 12) who enjoys solving problems and has interest in programming
Requires school level mathematics and some basic understanding of algorithms.
You can find all the details about registration here, http://www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/current.php
- Registration Fees
INR 400 + GST
- Last date to register
For ZIO - 1 November 2019
For ZCO - 8 November 2019
ICO Scholarship Program by CodeChef
CodeChef has launched the ICO scholarship program in order to reward meritorious students interested to participate at the Olympiad. Teachers can fill this Scholarship form to nominate a scholar from their school: http://bit.ly/2mbfDtN.
Details about the stages of ICO
The three stages of ICO are as follows:
- Zonal round
- This round has two parallel exams, namely Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) and Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO).
- You can qualify for the second round through either exam. You can choose to write both exams, but you must register separately for each exam.
- Exam format of ZIO-2020 (Logical Puzzles Exam)
- This is a regular examination that tests analytical and computational reasoning.
- It will be administered in cooperation with TCS ION, a division of Tata Consultancy Services.
- The nature of the question paper will be the same as in previous years.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/ioi/zio
- Exam format of ZCO-2020 (Programming Exam)
- This is a programming exam with an emphasis on algorithms.
- It will be administered in cooperation with CodeChef.
- Programming languages permitted - C, C++, Java and Python.
- The exam format will be similar to previous years.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/ZCOPRAC
- Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI)
- In this National round, about 250-300 students qualify from the Zonal round.
- This is again an algorithmic programming exam at a more advanced level than ZCO.
- Programming languages permitted - C++ and Java. C and Python will not be available.
- Previous years' questions: codechef.com/INOIPRAC
- IOI Training Camp (TC)
- Top 25-30 students from the second stage are selected for the residential training camp.
- Here they are provided advanced training and from them, four students are selected to represent India at for IOI.
Note: All these exams are individual events.