Section 6 - CodeChef Pro Plan
CodeChef Pro Plan (“Pro Plan”) Pricing and Payment: CodeChef may charge fees from users who have availed the Pro Plan (“Pro User
”) to access particular features and functionalities of CodeChef platform (“CodeChef’s Fee”/ “Fee(s)
”) through multi-tiered paid plans as described on our Pricing Page
”). Please read the below terms applicable for the purchase of your Subscription:
- We offer various types of Subscription Plans, and CodeChef’s Fee structure for each Subscription Plan differs. Please go through the details provided on our Pricing Page carefully before making any purchase.
- Our billing cycles depend on the Subscription Plan you select while purchasing the Pro Plan. Payment will be charged to your chosen payment method at confirmation of your purchase in accordance with the billing cycle applicable for your Subscription Plan.
- You agree to pay all fees and charges that are made to your account and that you are solely responsible for payment of these fees and charges. If you have not completed payments for your Subscriptions, we may restrict your access to the CodeChef platform until your account becomes current and paid in full.
- Your payments to CodeChef shall be subject to applicable taxes including without limitation Goods and Service Taxes (GST) and Value Added Taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes as may be applicable in your country of residence/from where you have created your account on the CodeChef platform/ purchased the underlying Subscriptions.
- We reserve the right to collect fees owed to us using collection methods which may include charging other payment methods on file with us and/or retaining collection agencies or legal counsel.
- If you are unclear on the payments applicable to your Subscription Plan, then please write to us at the email address provided in the 'Contact Information’ section below.
- We reserve the right to change/revise the pricing of the Subscriptions. For existing Subscriptions for which the applicable fees have been already received by us, we will implement the price changes during the next billing period or renewal of the Subscription.
- We have also enabled integration of third-party payment providers to facilitate better payment options to you, which may vary depending on your territory or the Subscription you choose (“Third-Party Payment Providers”).
Further, pursuant to the payment option you may choose, you may be required to enter into a separate agreement with the relevant Third-Party Payment Provider. This agreement with the Third-Party Payment Provider is an independent contract/agreement between you and such Third-Party Payment Provider and CodeChef shall in no manner be a party to the same. CodeChef only facilitates various payment options to you and is not offering the payment processing services by itself in any manner.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all charges that occur through such Third-Party Payment Providers and acknowledge and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CodeChef, its licensors, their affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any loss arising out of or related to the use of the CodeChef platform or any purchases made through the CodeChef platform. This obligation will survive your use of the CodeChef platform and termination of your Agreement with us.
For the purpose of the CodeChef platform Terms-
“Third-Party Service Providers” shall mean and include Subscription Manager(s), Third-Party Payment Providers, and any third-party payment gateways and/or aggregators used to collect payments of CodeChef's Fee.
“Loss” means all losses, liabilities, damages, awards, settlements, claims, suits, proceedings, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and disbursements and costs of investigation, litigation, settlement, judgment, interest, and penalties). CodeChef shall not be liable to you for any claims arising out of any act or omission on the part of the Third-Party Service Provider(s) including, but not limited to, any lost, stolen, or incorrectly processed payments. CodeChef expressly disclaims any responsibility and liability for all services provided by the Third-Party Service Provider(s).
- Please note that all Fee(s) payments are collected by CodeChef only through the CodeChef platform and not through any third parties (except Third-Party Service Provider(s) integrated to the CodeChef platform). We do not usually authorize any third party (except Third-Party Service Provider(s)) to collect monies on our behalf; however, if we have authorized any third party then such third party will have received a written authorization from CodeChef either by way of any agreement or an authorization letter. Kindly verify with such third party before you make any payments to them, alternatively, you can always check with us by writing to us at email address provided under the 'Contact Information’ section below.
- Further, CodeChef is solely authorized to offer discounts / offers, if any, on CodeChef's Fee. These discounts / offers are communicated on the CodeChef platform or via direct communication to you from CodeChef via email, SMS, phone, or such other means of communication, and can be availed only through the CodeChef platform, unless otherwise specifically communicated by CodeChef. Other than CodeChef, no person is allowed to offer any discounts on CodeChef's Fee offered on the CodeChef platform. CodeChef shall not be liable for any claims arising from such unauthorized discounts / offers offered by any person (including any third-party platform), other than CodeChef.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: You may cancel your Subscription by either writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your account on the CodeChef platform. However, please note there shall be no refund of the Fee already paid for your Subscription, unless otherwise specified. Therefore, please read these Terms of Service carefully before subscribing to any of the Subscriptions.
When you cancel your Subscription, CodeChef may disable access to features available only to Pro Users who have purchased/renewed Subscription, while your account may continue to exist on the CodeChef platform.
Please note: You may not bypass or circumvent the payment mechanism offered by the CodeChef platform by soliciting payment from an end-user outside the CodeChef platform in any manner including by using any alternative method to collect the Pro User Fee and/or fee/monies for any service offered by the CodeChef platform such as receiving payments through links to digital wallet platforms including but not limited to Google Pay, Paypal or such other online payment system or electronic wallets.