- This website is operated by Coding Chef Private Limited. Throughout the site, the terms “CodeChef”, “CodeChef platform”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Coding Chef Private Limited. CodeChef offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
- By visiting our site, receiving or providing any services and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bounded by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content (together “Users”).
- Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
- Any new features, products or tools which are added to the current website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Section 1 - Miscellaneous
- By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- You cannot use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your services/ account.
- You can not demand (or hold us liable) to delete your account or other related information from the website. Though you are free to request us to do so. That request may or may not be accepted.
- By agreeing to the terms of service, you also agree to adhere to our Code Of Conduct and vice versa.
Section 2 - General Conditions
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without a prior written permission by us.
- The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
Section 3 - Accuracy, Completeness And Timeliness Of Information
- We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current.
- This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Section 4 - Modifications To The Service And Prices
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Section 5 - Products Or Services
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear on the website. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the usage of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Section 6 - CodeChef Pro PlanCodeChef Pro Plan (“Pro Plan”) Pricing and Payment: CodeChef may charge fees from users who have availed the Pro Plan (“Pro User”) to access particular features and functionalities of CodeChef platform (“CodeChef’s Fee”/ “Fee(s)”) through multi-tiered paid plans as described on our Pricing Page (“Subscription”/“Subscription Plan”). Please read the below terms applicable for the purchase of your Subscription:
- We offer various types of Subscription Plans, and CodeChef’s Fee structure for each Subscription Plan differs. Please go through the details provided on our Pricing Page carefully before making any purchase.
- Our billing cycles depend on the Subscription Plan you select while purchasing the Pro Plan. Payment will be charged to your chosen payment method at confirmation of your purchase in accordance with the billing cycle applicable for your Subscription Plan.
- You agree to pay all fees and charges that are made to your account and that you are solely responsible for payment of these fees and charges. If you have not completed payments for your Subscriptions, we may restrict your access to the CodeChef platform until your account becomes current and paid in full.
- Your payments to CodeChef shall be subject to applicable taxes including without limitation Goods and Service Taxes (GST) and Value Added Taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes as may be applicable in your country of residence/from where you have created your account on the CodeChef platform/ purchased the underlying Subscriptions.
- We reserve the right to collect fees owed to us using collection methods which may include charging other payment methods on file with us and/or retaining collection agencies or legal counsel.
- If you are unclear on the payments applicable to your Subscription Plan, then please write to us at the email address provided in the 'Contact Information’ section below.
- We reserve the right to change/revise the pricing of the Subscriptions. For existing Subscriptions for which the applicable fees have been already received by us, we will implement the price changes during the next billing period or renewal of the Subscription.
- We have also enabled integration of third-party payment providers to facilitate better payment options to you, which may vary depending on your territory or the Subscription you choose (“Third-Party Payment Providers”).
Further, pursuant to the payment option you may choose, you may be required to enter into a separate agreement with the relevant Third-Party Payment Provider. This agreement with the Third-Party Payment Provider is an independent contract/agreement between you and such Third-Party Payment Provider and CodeChef shall in no manner be a party to the same. CodeChef only facilitates various payment options to you and is not offering the payment processing services by itself in any manner.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all charges that occur through such Third-Party Payment Providers and acknowledge and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CodeChef, its licensors, their affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any loss arising out of or related to the use of the CodeChef platform or any purchases made through the CodeChef platform. This obligation will survive your use of the CodeChef platform and termination of your Agreement with us.
For the purpose of the CodeChef platform Terms- “Third-Party Service Providers” shall mean and include Subscription Manager(s), Third-Party Payment Providers, and any third-party payment gateways and/or aggregators used to collect payments of CodeChef's Fee. “Loss” means all losses, liabilities, damages, awards, settlements, claims, suits, proceedings, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and disbursements and costs of investigation, litigation, settlement, judgment, interest, and penalties). CodeChef shall not be liable to you for any claims arising out of any act or omission on the part of the Third-Party Service Provider(s) including, but not limited to, any lost, stolen, or incorrectly processed payments. CodeChef expressly disclaims any responsibility and liability for all services provided by the Third-Party Service Provider(s).
- Please note that all Fee(s) payments are collected by CodeChef only through the CodeChef platform and not through any third parties (except Third-Party Service Provider(s) integrated to the CodeChef platform). We do not usually authorize any third party (except Third-Party Service Provider(s)) to collect monies on our behalf; however, if we have authorized any third party then such third party will have received a written authorization from CodeChef either by way of any agreement or an authorization letter. Kindly verify with such third party before you make any payments to them, alternatively, you can always check with us by writing to us at email address provided under the 'Contact Information’ section below.
- Further, CodeChef is solely authorized to offer discounts / offers, if any, on CodeChef's Fee. These discounts / offers are communicated on the CodeChef platform or via direct communication to you from CodeChef via email, SMS, phone, or such other means of communication, and can be availed only through the CodeChef platform, unless otherwise specifically communicated by CodeChef. Other than CodeChef, no person is allowed to offer any discounts on CodeChef's Fee offered on the CodeChef platform. CodeChef shall not be liable for any claims arising from such unauthorized discounts / offers offered by any person (including any third-party platform), other than CodeChef.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: You may cancel your Subscription by either writing to us at email@example.com or through your account on the CodeChef platform. However, please note there shall be no refund of the Fee already paid for your Subscription, unless otherwise specified. Therefore, please read these Terms of Service carefully before subscribing to any of the Subscriptions.
When you cancel your Subscription, CodeChef may disable access to features available only to Pro Users who have purchased/renewed Subscription, while your account may continue to exist on the CodeChef platform.
Please note: You may not bypass or circumvent the payment mechanism offered by the CodeChef platform by soliciting payment from an end-user outside the CodeChef platform in any manner including by using any alternative method to collect the Pro User Fee and/or fee/monies for any service offered by the CodeChef platform such as receiving payments through links to digital wallet platforms including but not limited to Google Pay, Paypal or such other online payment system or electronic wallets.
Section 7- Doubt solving chat support platform
- The eligibility and the scope of work of the Doubt Solvers are as provided below:
- Volunteer Doubt Solver
- Eligibility criteria
- Benefits: Once doubt solver completes one month as a volunteer
Practice Problem difficulty Range Eligibility Of Doubt Solver 0 - 1799 difficulty rating 4 Star or above rating with >10 contest experience
The Doubt Solver shall give a time commitment of one month (Usually rostered as 2 hour per day), or as communicated from time-to-time.
Doubt Solver shall receive a experience certificate Doubt Solver will get their name on the Doubt solvers page on CodeChef once they complete a month on the platform. Once the doubt solver completes one month, he / she can continue to volunteer on the platform for free. In some cases, based on the doubts volume and requirements, at the sole discretion of CodeChef, some doubt solvers shall be onboarded as 'Paid' doubt solvers and shall be eligible to receive a payout as stated under 'Payment terms'.
- Payment terms
- The Doubt Solvers shall be paid on a “per hour” basis in the form and manner as stated below:
For Problem Bucket (Difficulty Rating) Stipend Per Hour Rupees 0 - 1799 150 Rupees Payout per hour in INR (excluding GST)
- If you wish to become a Doubt Solver (“Doubt Solver”) on the doubt solving chat support platform (“Platform”) on CodeChef, you maybe be given a separate access and log in credentials to access questions. Doubt Solver shall provide answers to the questions and explain the same. Doubt Solver shall provide chat-based doubt support to the users of CodeChef based on the requirement and within the parameters provided by the CodeChef from time to time.
- It is understood and agreed by the Doubt Solver that the any content developed by the Doubt Solver is for the sole and exclusive use and license of CodeChef and CodeChef shall be deemed to be the sole and exclusive licensee of all rights relating thereto. The content shall at all times be owned by the Doubt Solver and any and all liability with regard to the content shall be that of the Doubt Solver.
- The Doubt Solver shall at all times maintain the quality of the service provided and shall uphold the highest level of standard of care while solving the doubts. CodeChef shall collect feedback and reviews that it receives from its users and the same shall be communicated to the Doubt Solver.
- CodeChef shall issue guidelines and fix parameters which shall include but will not be limited to greeting, explanation of questions, solutions and core concepts, which shall be updated, changed or modified at the sole discretion of CodeChef from time to time and communicated to the Doubt Solvers.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the delivery of services and the conduct of the Doubt Solver shall be governed by the guidelines as communicated by the CodeChef over email or any other mode of communication, in addition to these Terms of Service . Any failure on part of the Doubt Solver to adhere to the guidelines or these Terms of Service shall be subject to imposition of penalties or termination/suspension of the Doubt Solver’s account as at the sole discretion of CodeChef. In the event of a breach of the guidelines or these Terms of Services may lead to a penalty at the discretion of CodeChef as communicated from time-to-time. All penalties shall be imposed at the sole discretion of CodeChef.
- The Doubt Solvers shall submit relevant KYC documents in order to become eligible for any payments. The following Government issued ID proof/documents shall be considered as KYC documents:
- Driving License
- Utility bills
- Ration Card
Section 8 - Accuracy Of Billing And Account Information
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us or any product that you purchase. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit/debit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all transactions done or payments made on our site . You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address.
- For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
Section 9 - Optional Tools
- We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
- You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
- We may also, in future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
Section 10 - Third-Party Links
- Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites.
Section 11 - User Comments And Feedback
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Section 12 - Code Intellectual Property
- The rules below are applicable to all contests unless stated otherwise under specific contest rules and guidelines. Competitors retain ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to Submissions.
- As a condition of submission, Contestants grant CodeChef, its subsidiaries, agents and partner companies, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Submission.
- Contestants provide submissions on an "as is" basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Communications: When you visit our site, you are communicating with us electronically. You may be required to provide a valid phone number while creating any account with us or purchasing something from us. We may communicate with you by e-mail, SMS, phone call or by posting notices on our site or by any other mode of communication as provided by you to us. By providing your information you authorize Codechef, its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, and contractors to initiate electronic communications by email, telephone calls, with respect to your use of our site and/or the Service(s). These communications may be made by or on behalf of Codechef. You acknowledge that your telephone operator and/or internet service provider may have levied certain charges on you for availing their services, and you agree to be responsible for all such charges, and Codechef will not be responsible for these charges. Do not submit your information if you do not consent to being contacted by telephone, text, or email. However, for certain types of communications about our site and/or Service(s) you may have the option to ‘unsubscribe’ from receiving such communications from us, at any time, in the manner as may be prescribed by Codechef from time to time.
Section 13 - Personal Information
Section 14 - Errors, Inaccuracies And Omissions
- Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders (or purchases) if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order or purchases).
- We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
Section 15 - Prohibited Uses
- In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, farm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Section 16 - Confidential Information
- If you would like to collaborate with CodeChef on any of its contests or projects, whether it is paid or volunteer-based, you agree to the terms mentioned hereinbelow. This includes all problem setters, testers, editorialists, statement verifiers, admins, and project-specific consultants.
- “Confidential Information” shall mean any confidential information data, know-how, employee data, or any other confidential information disclosed by CodeChef herein under in writing, orally or in any other form, media whether or not marked as confidential or proprietary.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include information which:
- Is known to the you at the time or disclosure;
- Is or becomes publicly known through no wrongful act by you;
- Is rightfully received by you from a third party without restriction of disclosure;
- Is approved for release by CodeChef;
- Is disclosed pursuant to judicial order, requirement of a government agency or by operation of law.
- You agree that you will not disclose the Confidential Information to any third party and will not use the Confidential information other than for the performance of any obligations under this Terms of Service. You agree that the Confidential Information shall at all times remain the sole property of CodeChef and that you shall take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of the Confidential Information by any of its officers, employee or any person that has access to the Confidential Information.
- You agree and understand that the Confidential Information constitutes valuable, special and unique assets of the business of CodeChef. Accordingly, you agree that, in the event of any breach of the confidentiality obligations under this Terms of Service, in addition to any other remedies at law or in equity, CodeChef shall be entitled to equitable relief, including injunctive relief and specific performance.
Section 17 - Disclaimer Of Warranties; Limitation Of Liability
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- In no case shall CodeChef, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Section 18 - Indemnification
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CodeChef and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
Section 19 - Severability
- In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Section 20 - Termination
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
- These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
- If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
Section 21 - Entire Agreement
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
Section 22 - Governing Law
- These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and jurisdiction of Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Section 23 - Changes To Terms Of Service
- You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes on to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Section 24 - Contact Information
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org