These are the guidelines to be followed if you want your contest to be Rated:
The contest should have something for all users of the platform. So, you need to ensure that a good spread of the problem difficulties is present.
If you are unsure what the various difficulty levels are, please refer to this.
There should be one Point of Contact (PoC) from the organizing team, with whom the CodeChef team can interact and who will take responsibility for the entire contest.
The PoC should satisfy at least one of these 3 conditions:
- They should have a Combined Codechef Rating (current) >= 1700 and should have participated in at least 10 CodeChef contests. (OR)
- Codeforces Rating (current) >= 1900 and should have participated in at least 10 Codeforces contests. (OR)
- Topcoder Rating (current) >= 1500 and should have participated in at least 10 Topcoder contests.
- All the problem ideas and solution outlines (with proof outlines mentioned wherever you make non-trivial claims) should be sent to the Codechef team at least 30 days before the contest, for review.
Once approved, all the problems should be made ready, at least 10 days before the contest.
- Problem statements
- Editorials: Please look at this for editorial-specific guidelines.
- Test-data Generator, along with a text file explaining the generation plan.
- Two solutions for each problem, written independently by two different people.
- Validators (codes which assert that all the constraints are satisfied in the test-data)
Some important instructions regarding these have been included here. Please follow them. Only after all these have been submitted and reviewed, will the contest be announced as being Rated and promoted.
- The organizing team, along with the PoC should be online during the contest and respond to the various comments.
- Detailed editorials should be published as soon as the contest ends.
- Plagiarism Test: After the contest, we will share the MOSS results with the organizing team. They will have to go through it and decide the threshold percentages for each problem. This will be sent to us, and we will review this once. Then we will disqualify those participants who fall within this percentage.
- The contest banner should not contain any external sponsors' names or logos. We will provide a space on the contest page where they can be listed, if needed.
Fill this form to apply to make your contest rated.