- Q. What are team contests?
- Q. How do I register for a team contest?
- Q. How will you communicate with us in case we win prizes?
- Q. Can I participate in all contests using a team account?
- Q. What is the difference between 'team name' and 'team display name' on the registration page?
- Q. How are the ranks calculated?
- Q. How can i see the time taken by a team for each problem?
- Q. How do I submit a solution?
- Q. How do I edit team information?
Q. What are team contests?
A. Team contests will allow up to 2/3 members (Depending on the contest) to join a team and submit solutions to ACM-ICPC style competitions. These competitions will be shorter duration then our traditional 10 day algorithm contests and will penalize users for incorrect submissions. The teams which solve problems the quickest will receive a higher place on the leaderboard.
Q. How do I register for a team contest?
1. Login with your normal CodeChef user ID.
2. Go to the contest landing page of the contest you want to register your team for.
3. Click on the registration link and fill out the form.
4. Click logout in the top right corner and login using the Team Name and password you registered with.
5. Everyone must use the same team login to submit to team based contests.
Q. How will you communicate with us in case we win prizes?
A. Please provide the proper contact information on the CodeChef IDs that comprise your team.
Q. Can I participate in all contests using a team account?
A. No, you cannot participate in normal individual contests using a team account. You also cannot submit solutions in the practice section using a team account.
Q. What is the difference between 'team name' and 'team display name' on the registration page?
A. The team name must be unique for every team. If there are two team contests, you need to register two different teams for the two contests. The teamnames for both these teams have to be different. The team display name can be the same across two different contests so long as a team with the same display name is not registered for the same contest at an earlier time.
Q. How are the ranks calculated?
A. The team with the highest score would win. In case of ties, the team with the lower sum of the submission times (wrt. the contest start time) for all accepted solutions is placed higher. There is a penalty of 20 minutes for every wrong submission on a problem that has been solved successfully. So if a team has submitted two problems at times 00:05:00 and 00:30:00 after the contest started, and has 1 wrong submission for the first problem and 0 for the second one, then the total time for this team would be 00:05:00 + 00:30:00 + 00:20:00 which is 00:55:00.
Q. How can i see the time taken by a team for each problem?
A. Click on the teams account link or alternatively visit www.codechef.com/teams/view/[teamname] for more information on what problems were submitted by the team, the times and the penalty count.
Q. How do I submit a solution?
A. Log-out and login using the team-name you registered. You will now be able to submit problems for the contest you registered for.
Q. How do I edit team information?
A. Login to your team account and then go to www.codechef.com/teams/edit to edit your team profile.