About the workshop:
These workshops are aimed to help the school students who are preparing for INOI. They are organized by the volunteers from the CodeChef community with the support from CodeChef.
INOI is the national round of the Indian Computing Olympiad conducted by IARCS to select 25-30 students for the next level, i.e. the training camp. Out of these camp students, finally 4 students will be selected, who will represent India at the International Olympiad in Informatics 2019 at Baku, Azerbaijan. For reference here are past years INOI problems.
More details about the competition here.
If you are interested in the workshop in summers, express your interest in the form below.
Overall topics covered:
- Space and time complexity
- Greedy Algorithms
- Computing Prefix Sums
- Sliding window techniques
- Dynamic Programming
- Graphs - BFS, DFS, Djikstra
"The faculty did a great job explaining beyond the INOI level. They went through all the topics including additional syllabus meant to be taught in ioitc. Thanks for the opportunity to attend the workshop. Also the campus and the mess were great."Sriram Munagala Class 11, Narayana Olympiad, Chennai
"The session was very useful as I think understood some of the basics related to ZCO and INOI. This was my first ZCO where I managed to score 15 marks without any preparation. I am keen to do CodeChef contests from April and participate in ZCO and ZIO in 2019. Thanks to all sirs from IIIT and BITS pilani for taking time out and helping us out"Aadarsh Devanand Class 10, Kalpa School, Hyderabad
"The session indeed was excellent and quite interactive The heavy topic like Graph and Dynamic Programming were explained so nicely that even small kid of 6th Std understood it. Thanks a million to all the volunteers for the dedication "Mrs. Pallavi Patwa, Pransh’s Mother Class 6, Akshara International School, Pune
"All the trainers were very good and helpful. They did their best to make the workshop worthwhile. I liked all the sessions as each session had something to learn from. Also, I think it was a great initiative to organize such a workshop where students with same interests can learn together in an environment where they have fun while learning."Snigdha KansalClass 10, Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
|Mumbai||12-13 Jan||11 am - 5 pm||Directiplex, Andheri||TBA|
|Hyderabad||12-13 Jan||12 Jan - 3-7 pm
13 Jan - 9-1 pm
|IIIT Hyderabad||Building Himalaya, Room - 301|
|Kanpur||12-13 Jan and 19 Jan||11 am - 5 pm||IIT Kanpur||TBA|
||11 am - 5 pm||Payatu Technologies Pvt Ltd||Main Hall|
|Delhi NCR||12-14 Jan||10:30 am - 4:30 pm||NSIT, Dwarka||Mini Auditorium|
|Delhi NCR||18-20 Jan||10:30 am - 4:30 pm||ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad||Raman Block Seminar Hall 3|
|Chennai||19-20 Jan||11 am - 5 pm||Chennai Mathematical Institute||Lecture Hall 1|
|Jaipur||12-13 Jan||10 am - 4pm||Manipal University Jaipur||Room no. 311, 1AB block|
|Kolkata||15-16-17 Jan||12pm - 6 pm||Techno India Institute of Technology||Room no. 309, 2nd Floor, Main Building|
|Bengaluru||19-20 Jan||11 am - 5 pm||Zeta India||Basement Training room (Near gym area)
Room- Stormy Lands
- Participant must be aware of one of the programming language below and should be able to do ad-hoc problems on CodeChef
- Preference was given to students who are preparing for the olympiad (ZCO/INOI) or are planning for the same.
- As only C++ and Java will be available in the INOI exam, it will be good if you can shift to these languages. Below are some tutorials to help you transition.
- To learn C++, refer here: www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
- To learn JAVA, refer here: www.javatpoint.com/java-tutorial
- To help you transition from Python to C++, you can refer to the Language Constructs - 1,2 tutorials here:www.codechef.com/ioi/basics
- To help you transition from C to C++, refer here: www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/talks/CtoC++.html
In case of any queries contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 022-61966361