The Volunteer Program has been started with an objective to promote International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) among school students in India. The first step towards this is to spread awareness about the Indian Computing Olympiad, scheduled to be held on 11 November, 2017. The next step is to make students register for it and then help them prepare for it.
To give you some insight, last year 1150 students registered for the ICO exam. This is a small number compared to the number of students who are eligible. We have set a target of taking this number to 3500 students this year. We think this is possible. But, we cannot do this on our own; we need your help to make this possible.
The registration count as on 25 October, 2017 is 743.
- To contribute your bit in enabling the school students to be better problem solvers and critical thinkers
- To help them expand their knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- To provide them a chance to explore competitive programming, which many of us did not get when we were young
- Anyone who believes that Indian programmers can do well at the global stage but are unable to do so due to lack of awareness. And, those who think that winning a gold medal at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) will be a good start.
- We encourage school students, teachers, college students, professionals, parents and everyone else to join us. This is needed!
- Fill up the form here: https://www.codechef.com/school/volunteer, so that we know you exist and co-ordinate with you in case of any help.
- Join the CodeChef for Schools Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CodeChefforSchools/. We will broadcast all information regarding IOI to all the volunteers. You can also post your own ideas on how to get to the target that we have set.
- Join ccvolunteers.flock.com group to chat with the CodeChef team members and other active volunteers from your city or region.
- Give an introduction to school students around you about IOI and help them to register for the Zonal level. We will provide you with all the help that you need.
- Get maximum participation for ZIO/ZCO using your referral codes (details below). Yes, you can win some prizes for your efforts!
- Put up Indian Computing Olympiad posters on the notice board of schools, tuition classes, colony, etc, to reach out to more school students.
- Help registered students to get started and prepare for the Olympiad. This will be really awesome, if you can pick up. We have a curriculum with which we can help you. Share these resources mentioned here: Getting started
- Mentor the students by solving their doubts. Can be done offline/online. This will be super awesome!
- Add resources and solve doubts of school students here: ico.discuss.codechef.com
- We provide you reimbursement for any travel, printing collateral, etc. expense you incur for this till INR 200. For anything above INR 200, feel free to consult Pallavi from CodeChef on Flock. Fill this form here to claim reimbursement: goo.gl/forms/AcP9BYzKK4YpdSzF2.
- This fetches you points which can win you some rewards.
- First you need to pick a referral code for your self. You will need to put this referral code on the poster. You can do this by editing the soft copy or write the referral code with a marker on the hard copy. Download poster from here: Download Poster.
- This referral code has to be a relevant one, based on where you put up the poster. For example, if you are putting up in DPS R K Puram, then you can use DPSRKP. Feel free to come up with your creative codes.
- A volunteer can use multiple referral codes. You can check here for conflicts. In case someone else is already using the referral code, then you will need to come up with a new one.
- Once you pick the referral code, then you will need to share this referral code with us via this form: https://goo.gl/forms/85NLHkvgWz0PHKZo2. This will help us track the registrations you get.
- Now, you need to ask the students to enter your referral code when they register online.
- All the referral codes can be tracked here: Referral Code Tracker
We can also send you the hard copy of posters. You will need to fill this form to get them: https://goo.gl/forms/rM6bfhNxLoRYyBBE2
- Recognition on our social media and communication channels. We will try and make a small post on our social media channels with your name. We can also include your picture if you want us to. :) It does motivate some of us here so we thought it will be cool to do so.
- CodeChef provides you Volunteer Certificate if you get atleast 1 registration.
- Since you are working hard, you deserve to win something. We are giving away some small rewards if you get below mentioned number of registrations using your referral code! There is some more motivation to take a shot!
No. of registrations
A cool goodie from CodeChef
Gift voucher worth INR 1000/-
Gift voucher worth INR 2500/-
Terms & Conditions: It is always good to sneak this in. From our past learnings, in case of bulk registrations, it is hard to get the referral codes. They are often missed. In such cases, you will be able to claim the rewards, if and only if the registration will be done through your channel or there should an official communication from the school principal or some authoritative entity representing those students that it was done because of you.