One of our aims with CodeChef is to foster learning and growth among people who are passionate about programming through healthy competition and knowledge sharing. We, at CodeChef, are glad to help out if your school, college, educational institute (and now even corporates or any other organisation) wants to host a contest on our platform, irrespective of where you are located.
Association with Schools/Universities
We will be more than happy to be associated as programming partners. However, we are an educational and not for profit initiative that runs on a tight budget and hence we cannot provide any monetary sponsorship. Sponsorship in kind can be provided by hosting the contest on our platform for free. The entire monitoring of the infrastructure and online support during the contest will be provided by our team. If the contest is hosted on our platform, we can also provide CodeChef Laddus to winners of the contest which can be reedemed on the Goodie site.
Association with Corporates
Our platform supports 50+ programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python to name a few. You can view the complete list of languages here: http://www.codechef.com/wiki/list-compilers
Corporates can use our platform for various purposes like campus/lateral hiring, internal employee engagement, branding, employee re-skill programs etc. However, this will be a paid service with minimal charges. To know more about our offerings to coporates, visit: https://www.codechef.com/corporates.
Interested companies who wish to host their contest on our platform can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up this form: https://www.codechef.com/hostyourcontest/apply
Before you apply to host a contest, we want you to go through these guidelines that will help you to understand the process better.
- Though we try and accomodate every request for hosting a contest, it will be good to get your request in advance. The process of planning, reviewing and setting up a contest could take anywhere between 1-2 weeks. Hence it is advised that you get in touch with us 1-2 weeks in advance. The sooner the better.
- The problems should be algorithmic in nature and adhere to the input output specifications that is followed on CodeChef.
- You need to create, upload and test the problem statements and test cases 1 week prior to the competition. This is to avoid last minute hiccups and ensure that we have ample time to publicize and conduct the contest.
- You should not use problems which are already used in other contests (on CodeChef or any other platform). If you are planning to do so, you have to inform us in advance and mention it on the contest page as well. Failing this, your institute might be banned from hosting contests on CodeChef in future. It is to be noted that this can only be allowed in a closed contest.
- CodeChef will not be able to provide problems for any contests. However, we can provision for you to use the existing problems from our practice section, if it is a closed contest. It is important for you to know that these problems have publically visible solutions and editorials available for most of them.
- CodeChef will fully attribute all the questions to the problem setters in a closed contest and will not claim any responsibility for the quality of the contest. However, we would want your contest to be of the highest quallity, so that the community can benefit from it.
- Some important instructions to be followed while setting the problems are given here.
Let us just take you through the process of hosting your contest on CodeChef.
- Firstly, you will have to fill this application form.
- CodeChef will verify your application and grant you access to upload problems along with a test contest page.
- You will have to upload and test your problems on the test contest page. Information on how to upload or test problem can be found here.
- Once you are done with uploading the problem to the test contest page, you need to submit a successful submission to that problem (fix the bug in test data/ time-limit, if any). After you are done with this, write an editorial for your problems (which you will have to upload on our discussion forum after the contest ends) and email it to us (ideally 3-4 days before your main contest)
- After this, we will be creating the main contest page for you and sending it to you along with the manage access for your contest.
- In case you want to have a banner on your contest page, you can upload the banner on the Contest page (access will be provided to you by the admin). The dimensions of the image will have to be 604px X 287px and the format should be JPEG.
Your Banner should ideally cover the following points:
- Name of the Contest
- Name of your College/University
- CodeChef Logo, Your Sponsors Logo (if any), your Logo and any other details you would want to add are fine
For any questions or queries, feel free to call us at +91-22-6196-6396