About the Contest:
- Think you're good at coding? That's great! There are many ways to flex, let's see if you stand up to this contest.
- This contest looks to test the real star in terms of the ability to study and recognise patterns followed by the input and output. Think you're up for the challenge?
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Prizes: CodeChef Laddus up for grabs!
- Registrations for prizes: NA
- Duration: 2 hours
- Start time: 18th January 2020, 20:00 hrs IST
- End time: 18th January 2020, 22:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here.
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. No seperate registration is required. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- We've all done conventional programming contests where we have a given problem statement. But what happens when we provide you just the executable file alone?
- The rules are simple: use the provided executable to study input and output patterns to any extent you want. Use this knowledge alone to come up with the correct source code to pass all test cases.
- We have provided executables only for 64-bit machines,for both Windows and Ubuntu. You can download them from the mentioned link in Question 1. Google Chrome is recommended if Firefox causes problems.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- The allowed languages are C/C++,Java and Python 2/3.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided
- Please contact email@example.com for any queries during the contest..
- All the problems have same points alloted to them.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first accepted run plus 10 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem(Wrong answer, Time limit exceeded, Runtime Error). There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".