About the Contest:
SnackDown 2019 is an annual multi-round global programming tournament conducted by CodeChef. More information about it can be found here
Prizes for SnackDown 2019 Finalists:
- 1st Prize: $10,000
- 2nd Prize: $5000
- 3rd Prize: $3000
- Best Indian team: $2000
- Best Indian school & women team: $500 each
- Top 300 teams in Elimination Round will win cool SnackDown t-shirts
- Duration: 3 hours
- Start time: 3rd November 2018, 21:00 hrs IST
- End time: 4th November 2018, 00:00 hrs IST
Check timezone here.
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide by
CodeChef code of conduct
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us.
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Almost all languages supported on CodeChef are allowed.
- Teams will be ranked according to number of problems solved. Ties will be broken according to ACM Rules, but with a penalty of 10 minutes for each unsuccessful submission.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided.
- All the problems have same points alloted to them.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
12:13 IST, 5th Nov: The SnackDown 2019 - Onsite Finale will be conducted on 15th and 16th February 2019 in India. The venue of the onsite will be announced soon.
00:20 IST, 4th Nov: The SnackDown 2019 - Online Pre-Elimination has ended!
The editorials will be uploaded here.
The problems have been moved to practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
The final list of users who will qualify for the Elimination Round will be finalized after plagiarism checks are done. Emails will be sent to all qualifying teams.
20:20 IST, 3rd Nov: Note that the teammates can log in using their individual CodeChef usernames, and can access the contest page, and submit solutions. That will be considered as submissions from the team to which they belong. Hence, both teammates can be logged in at the same time, and can submit. But there is a limit of 1 submission per team per 30 seconds.
16:50 IST, 3 Nov: The top 500 teams and additional 80 teams belonging to the reserved slots will qualify to the Elimination Round. Know more about the reservations here.
16:30 IST, 3 Nov:Teams will be ranked according to number of problems solved. Ties will be broken according to ACM Rules, but with a penalty of 10 minutes for each unsuccessful submission.
14:55 IST, 31 Oct: The teams in top 1500 ranks from Round 1A & those who scored >=350 in Round 1B are eligible to take part in this round.
Note: All the submissions for Round 1A, Round 1B and Pre-Elimination Round will be put through MOSS for plagiarism detection. In case, if any team is caught in cheating then their qualification to Elimination Round would be revoked