Samsung Hiring Challenge
The Samsung Hiring Challenge is a 3-hour contest which gives innovative thinkers the opportunity to interview with Samsung, one of the world’s largest and most cutting-edge organisations. Successful candidates will get to work on exciting projects at Samsung R&D Institute India-Bangalore (SRI-B).
Qualified Engineers will be hired against roles which includes Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Science, Analytics, Enterprise & IOT Solutions, Wearable computing, multimedia systems, 5G, RTL, PHY, 3GPP & Modem, Android/Tizen Platforms, Healthcare/Medical solutions, Natural Language Processing, Computer vision, Image Processing, Computer Architect.
Note: Though we allow the usage of libraries & packages for this contest, most of the libraries will NOT be allowed during further rounds of Samsung's interview process.
About Samsung R&D Institute India-Bangalore (SRI-B)
Samsung R&D Institute India-Bangalore (SRI-B) is the largest R&D Center outside of South Korea and a key innovation hub in the Samsung group. With the best of talent from India and overseas, our focus is on creating cutting edge technologies across multiple areas of Samsung’s business, that transform experiences of users both globally, as well as in local markets.
The specific purpose of SRI-B in the Samsung family is twofold: to create USPs for global flagship devices with by creating significant advancements in Modem, Multimedia, AI, Internet of Things, and to make for India by catering to the specific needs of Indian consumers.
At SRI-B, employees not only have an opportunity to work on areas involving pure research but also carry it forward as proof of concept towards Advanced Development, by seeing the research being implemented.
To know more about the kind of innovation that goes on at SRI-B, check the following links.
- Inside SRI-Bangalore, Samsung’s powerhouse for innovation
- Samsung's Research News
- Samsung’s Big Dreams For India
- Contest window opens at: 13th September 2019, 19:00 hrs IST
- Contest window closes at: 23rd September 2019, 19:00 hrs IST
- Duration: 3 hours
How to Participate?
- First, login to your CodeChef account. If you do not have a CodeChef account create one here.
- You will then have to register for this contest. Go to Contest Registration section on this page to register.
- Visit this page once the contest window starts. When you think you are ready to take part in the contest, click on "Start My Contest" button. This will begin the contest for you.
New on CodeChef?
We have collected some resources for you to begin with, here: Get Started
Solve your first problem (video links)
- Common errors and FAQ's: Getting errors while submitting your code, please refer our FAQ section here.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Only C/C++/Java/C#/Python programming languages are allowed in this contest.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided.
- All the participants are expected to abide by our CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
- All codes are checked for plagiarism, and codes which are deemed to have been copied will be disqualified and hence those applications will not be considered for hiring.
- If you are using any online online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private".
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get a score for passing certain test data. You will receive hundred (100) points for solving a problem fully (passing all test cases).
- Your rank is determined by your total score. Ties will not be broken.
- There are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your submission with maximum score will be considered for every problem.
- Some details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Contest ranks page is restricted for this contest and you will not be able to access it. All the shortlisted programmers for hiring will be contacted soon.