New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef May Long Challenge:
CodeChef Long Challenge is a 10 day monthly coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. The significance being - it gives you enough time to think about a problem, try different ways of attacking the problem, read the concepts etc. If you’re usually slow at solving problems and have ample time at hand, this is ideal for you. We also put in a lot of efforts in getting quality problems, which would in turn foster your learning while solving them.
- Problem Setters: Praveen Dhinwa, Hasan Jaddouh, Alexandru Valeanu, Azat Ismagilov, Dmytro Berezin, Prateek Gupta, Tanuj Khattar.
- Problem Testers: Pawel Kacprzak and Misha Chorniy
- Russian Translator: Sergey Kulik
- Mandarin Translator: Hu Zecong
- Vietnamese Translator: Team VNOI
- Duration: 10 Days, From 5th May 15:00 hrs IST to 15th May 15:00 hrs IST. Check your timezone here.
- For ranklist visit: http://www.codechef.com/rankings/MAY17
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away cash prizes and goodies to the winners of the contest. You can know more about prizes here. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing.
What’s new in CodeChef?
You may now play with our new groups & LaTex feature on discuss.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) point for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest (for tie-breaker problem), will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data). The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
05/18/2017, 20:55 hrs IST: The rejudge on challenge problem is still going on and thus, the ranklist is not accessible. We will be notifying you once it is done.
05/18/2017, 17:20 hrs IST: The challenge problem CHEFBATL has been put for rejudge. And it will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
05/13/2017, 18:09 hrs IST: The contest has been extended until Thursday, 18th May 2017 15:00 hrs IST.
05/06/2017, 10:32 hrs IST: All submissions for the Problem CHEFCODE have been rejudged. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
05/06/2017, 01:56 hrs IST: SANDWICH and WSITES01 has been added to the contest.
05/05/2017, 20:22 hrs IST: CHEFCODE been added to the contest.
05/05/2017, 15:38 hrs IST: Only 5 problems have been added to the contest. The remaining problems will be added soon.