About the Contest:
Love the thrills of a programming contest but bored by the monotonous pattern of regular contests. Have a knack for finding clues and thinking laterally, we are proud to present Fool’s Programming 2020 as a part of Threads, Felicity IIIT Hyderabad.
The problems can not only have unusual solutions, but will also have bizarre problem statements that can make one scratch their brains. Deciphering the questions will be more challenging than solving them.
You'll need eagle eyes to spot the clues and hints hidden in the questions posed to you. Hope you can think on the same plane as the setters.
PS - We have prizes reserved for first year students of IIIT-Hyderabad.If you are new here, check out our getting started page.
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by Threads, Felicity IIIT Hyderabad.
- Prizes: (Indian participants only)
- First Place: ₹2000
- Second Place: ₹1000
- Third Place: ₹500
- Registrations for prizes: https://forms.gle/izqqE7WNq2L9EuQP8
- No penalty for Wrong submission
- Watch out for hints and clues hidden in the problem statement.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Start time: 5th February 2020, 20:00 hrs IST
- End time: 5th February 2020, 23:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here.
- Link to unofficial editorial : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZJ6rLytVOOmH6bIVcBHrKPMV9kaxZbqalK-ORNr4a2o/edit?usp=sharing
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. No seperate registration is required. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Almost all languages supported on CodeChef are allowed.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your best correct submission will be considered.
- Those who achieve the score first will be placed higher in the ranklist in case of a tie.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".