Sponsored by ShareChat
Internships at ShareChat
Internships are open only for current final year students in India who want to get an exposure at a startup before joining the company they were placed in.Apply for Internships
Full-time Roles at ShareChat
Full-time Roles are open to professionals across the globe. Apply to be a part of ShareChat
ShareChat is a social network for the next billion smartphone users. They have grown organically to 18 million active users and are doubling every 4 months. Currently, their userbase is majorly from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Canada and are expanding at a very rapid pace. We are happy to associate with ShareChat and would like to announce that they are the official sponsors for the July Cook-Off 2018. Through this contest, they are also providing internships and full-time opportunities with lucrative offers. Interested programmers can go through the above mentioned application links.
About CodeChef July Cook-Off:
CodeChef Cook-Off is a two and half hour coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Start Date: Sunday, 22nd July, 2018 at 21:30 HRS (IST)
- End Date: Monday, 23rd July, 2018 at 00:00 HRS (IST)
- Check your timezone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away goodies to the winners of the contest.
- Top 10 from the Indian ranklist will win CodeChef laddus.
For Rest of World:
- Top 10 from ranklist will win CodeChef laddus
With CodeChef laddus, the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing.
What’s new in CodeChef?
You may now play with our new groups & LaTex feature on discuss.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- You can also send in your queries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 10 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- If anyone is using code from some other source in his submission, he should provide proper attribution. Failing this, it may be considered plagiarism and the submission will be subject to disqualification.
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 200 for Tie breaker problem and 500 for rest.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
23 July 2018, 13:30 IST: The submissions of people who had considered the input in ORMATRIX to be space separated have been rejudged, and so the ranklist will be slightly modified now. We regret the mistake.
The July Cook Off 2018 has ended!
Ratings updation will be a bit delayed because of rejudging related to the error in ORMATRIX
The editorials will be uploaded here.
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
MOSS results are not out yet. Ranklist will be recalculated and Laddus will be provided post the MOSS process.
ORMATRIX: elements of matrix in same row are NOT separated by spaces, the statement has been fixed. ORMATRIX: penalty will be removed from all submissions that would have got AC if input was space-separated