CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef August Mega Cook-Off:
CodeChef Cook-Off is a two and half hour coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. We beleive August Mega Cook-Off will serve as a practice for ACM ICPC 2015-16. Also, as a part of Directi's GoforGold initiative, top 50 Indian students in the contest will be provided with a reimbursement (for travel, registration etc) of upto INR 1500 for ACM-ICPC regionals.
- Duration: 2.5 hrs
- Start Date: Sunday, 23rd August, 2015 at 21:30 HRS (IST) check your time zone here.
- End Date: Monday, 24th August, 2015 at 00:00 HRS (IST).
- Number of problems: 5
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What is it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away cash prizes and goodies to the winners of the contest. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing.
What's new in CodeChef?
We've recently launched our IDE and you may now Code, Compile and Run on our online ide. Play more in discuss with groups & LaTex.
Rules and Regulations:
- In case you are a new user, you will need to first register for a CodeChef ID here.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com.
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- You can also send in your queries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- If anyone is using code from some other source in his submission, he should provide proper attribution. Failing this, it may be considered plagiarism and the submission will be subject to disqualification.
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500.
The August Mega Cook-Off 2015 has ended! The editorials for the contest can be found here. The problems have been moved to practice section. Solutions are public for all the problems. The winners blog post will be updated soon.
24/08/2015, 2353 hrs IST : The site is up and working. We have extended the contest further by 20 mins. The contest will now end at 0050 hrs IST. We truly regret the inconvenience.
Note: The rankings page will be accessible only after the contest will end. We have taken it down as of now.
24/08/2015, 2330 hrs IST: We are taking CodeChef down to fix the technical glitches. The contest will resume once the site is up with the down time added to its duration. We will be up soon.
24/08/2015, 2240 hrs IST: Due to heavy load on the servers, some of you might be facing trouble accessing the site. To make up for the lost time, we have extended the #COOK61 by 30 mins till further announcement. We are still trying to fix the load. Regret this deeply.