About the Contest:
- This is a coding contest based on algorithms and data structures, and aims to encourage participants to apply their knowledge towards problem solving. If you are new here, check out our starting page.
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una.
- Top Indian performer from Div. 1 & Div. 2 (combined) will receive Coding Ninja's Laptop Bag and INR1500 discount on any of Coding Ninja's online course.
- Rank 2 to 5 from India (Div. 1 & Div. 2 combined) will receive Coding Ninja's T-shirts.
- Top performing boy and girl from (NITH+IIITU) combined will receive Coding Ninja's T-shirts.
- Registration for Prizes: http://tiny.cc/biteration2
- This is an External Rated Contest.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Start time: 20th September 2019, 21:00 hrs IST
- End time: 20th September 2019, 23:30 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here.
- This contest is rated only for Division 2 users. Division 1 users can participate unofficially in this contest. That is, Division 1 users will be able to submit in the contest, but will not feature in the Live ranklist, and nor will their rating be affected.
- The Div.1 & Div.2 (combined) ranklist will be published after the contest is over.
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. No separate registration is required. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Almost all languages supported on CodeChef are allowed.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get some percentage score for passing a certain test data . You will receive 100 percentage points for solving a problem completely (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page.
- Note that the points that will be displayed when you make a submission will be out of 100. That is, the percentage of the points scored will be shown. Although in the Ranklist of the contest, it will be shown according to the actual points alloted to the respective subtasks.
- It means that in order to calculate your actual score in the contest for a submission, you need to multiply the percentage points that you recieve for that submission with (Max Score alloted to that problem) / 100.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your best correct submission will be considered.
- Those who achieve the score first will be placed higher in the ranklist in case of a tie.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
19:15 IST 27th September: The Final Ranklist (Div. 1 + Div. 2 combined) can be found here
00:00 IST 21st September: The Biteration #2 (Rated for Division 2) has ended!
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
MOSS results are not out yet. Ranklist will be recalculated post the MOSS process.
22:52 IST 20th September: Sample interaction in GTN has been updated from "3" to "1 3".
22:02 IST 20th September: GTN statement update: In Subtask 1 constraints, "q=N" has been changed to "q=max(44, N)".
20:16 IST 20th September: Max Score Distribution:-
A-50, B-75, C-75, D-100, E-125, F-150
17:30 IST 20th September: The Scoring Distribution for Max Points per problem will be displayed just before the contest starts. Please check the Judging Criteria section for more details.