Please log-in with the team credentials provided to you in email. If you face any issues in logging in, please copy paste the credentials and do not manually type it. For any log-in related issues, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +9122-61966343/ 61966396
About ACM ICPC 2018, Online Preliminary Contest:
- Date: 23th October, 2018
- Time: 19:30 HRS to 22:30 HRS
Rules and Regulations
- The contest will be conducted over the Internet. It is a team event. A team consists of 3 contestants.
- Only those teams whose registration formalities are cleared, will be eligible to participate in the contest.
- You have to login with the team login id and password that has been sent to you via email. Login can be done even before the start time of the contest. We recommend all the teams to login well before the start time of the contest.
- Only one login per team will be allowed. Please make sure your team login from one computer only.
- Please do not post strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions, clarifying the problem statement is ok.
- Comments will be published only after admin approval during the contest. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com
- You can also send your queries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- Compiler versions are mentioned here. You are requested to use the same environment for the contest. Hosting institution cannot take the responsibility in case your program doesn’t work in the platform.
- Judge's decision will be treated as final. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Regional Site will not be responsible for any internet failure during the online contest at the contestant's site.
- Each participating team must submit solutions within 3 hours from the contest start time as mentioned in the submission procedure.
- Any type of plagiarism activities found during the contest may lead to disqualification of the team from the other three ACM-ICPC sites. Posting the source code online without the intention of sharing the code is also considered as cheating.
- Rank list is published only after removing the name of teams who are found cheated. Please note that the team who tries to compile the source code in any online compilers and if the same is copied by any other team, both the teams will be disqualified. In the case of disqualified teams, appeal shall be submitted by the coach alone. Requests by the contestants will not be entertained.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Code Of Conduct
- The school teams (participating in ICPC for Schools) coming in top 10 in the online round will be eligible for travel reimbursement to the onsite round. Each team member will be entitled to travel reimbursement of up to INR 3500/
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Teams are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each team in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved. Compilation error will not count towards the penalty.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. A program will be considered as correct if its output matches with our output against our critical test data.
- Selection to the onsite depends on the criteria decided by the different ICPC regional authorities.
- Programs can be written in only 4 languages (C/C++/Java/Python). You can find about the compiler options in each language here.
- For C/C++ programs use GNU C/ GNU C++ (Command: gcc/g++ file.c) compilers. For C++ and C use compiler version gcc 6.3.
- For Java programs, use javac8. Use the usual commands: javac for compilation and java for running the program.
- For Python programs, use python 2.7.13/python 3.5/Pypy.
- For more info on the environment, you are advised to read environment details, compilers list and our FAQ
00:30 IST, 14th Nov 2018: To claim discount on certification exam, participants are requested to kindly login with their ACM-ICPC team account and fill this form: www.codechef.com/forms/response/acmicpc-ccdsapdiscount
18:40 IST, 23rd Oct 2018: ACM-ICPC participants are entitled to huge discounts on our certification exam! Members of any team that solves all 5 problems can take the Foundation, Advanced or Expert exam for just? Rs.500, that’s a maximum discount of? Rs.4500! Solved 3-4 problems? Take Rs.1000 off! Even participants who have solved 1-2 problems can get? Rs.500 off the price.
18:32 IST, 23rd Oct 2018: After getting a problem accepted, it takes a few minutes for it to get reflected on the ranklist. Do not worry about that. The verdict that you get after submission is final.
15:55 IST 23rd Oct 2018: The languages allowed are C, C++14, JAVA, Python, Python3, and PYPY. Java gets a time limit multiplier of 2, and Python, Python3, and PYPY get a multiplier of 3. This means that if the time limit of a problem is x seconds by default, it will be considered as 2x for Java and 3x for Python.
Submissions will be restricted to 1 per 30 seconds, per team. If the load becomes too high, this might be increased to 1 submission per 1 minute.
Apart from the contest page, the problem statements will also be available at these mirrors, when the contest starts:
14:08 IST 23rd October 2018: One person should ideally not be a part of more than one team. If he is, both the teams will be considered as separate teams. Because they are considered as two separate teams, if the codes are similar, both teams will be disqualified. So make sure that the two teams participate separately in such a case. In case the team composition is the same, but you still have registered as two different teams, you need to fill the form here:
17:53 IST 22nd October 2018: The login credentials will be emailed to your registered email ID at Baylor website by tonight.