Bangalore Summer Programming Workshop - PES University
About the Workshop
The grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) is at the heart of learning Computer Science. Today, in the IT industry, there is a huge shortage of professionals who have a command over this subject. In fact, recent studies have corroborated our belief that a vast majority of engineers in India are unfit for software development jobs, a fact that we identified and took on to fix 9 years ago. A lot of it can be attributed to a lack of understanding of the core concepts of DSA. After taking inputs from programming students, prominent developers, and industry experts, CodeChef has designed an workshop that aims to bridge this skill gap.
In this specially designed workshop, we will introduce you to the fundamental concepts behind Data Structures and Algorithms. You will learn how to analyze problems and represent solutions algorithmically and to use the ideal data structures for efficiency. The workshop has a significant focus on real-world problem solving using a hands-on approach that will help you translate these theoretical concepts to actual, working code.
- Duration: 1 week (40 hours of lectures + problem solving)
- Dates: 31st May to 5th June 2018
- Venue: PES University, Bangalore ( Link to Map)
Who should take up this workshop?
- If you want to get hands on training of basic algorithms and data structures to get a good grasp on the subject. Learn the theory and implementation of basic algorithms and data structures.
- If you want to get started in competitive programming and want to participate in ACM-ICPC and win laurels, this is definitely the best starting place.
- You are close to placements season and want to be ready for pre-placement tests and theoretical and practical screening questions
Basic knowledge of any one of these programming languages is absolutely essential: C, C++, Java or Python. Furthermore, the students can then evaluate themselves by taking up the CodeChef Certified Data Structure & Algorithms Programme (CCDSAP) exam. Passing the exam will earn you a certification with lifetime validity.
- ₹7,500/- per student + GST (Includes Workshop + 1 Certification Exam with upto 2 attempts)
- ₹5,000/- per student + GST (Includes only Workshop)
Please note the cost for the workshop will be non-refundable.
How do I apply?
Interested candidates can confirm their seats for the workshop by making the payment through the below links. Please note that you need to login to the website before you click on the register link
Contents of the Workshop:
The workshop will start out by explaining online programming judges, and how to use them. It will then focus on problem solving in each of the basic topics of algorithms and data structures. The topics covered will include, but not limited to:
- Data structures like Arrays, Strings, Stacks, Queues
- Dynamic Programming
- Greedy Algorithms
- Binary Search
The workshop will be oriented towards learning through problem solving (along with how to implement the logic), which will help cement the understanding of each topic.
Details of Trainer:
The workshop will be conducted by Arjun Arul and a few teaching assistants from the world of competitive programming.
Arjun works for CodeChef, and has been involved in the field of competitive programming for the last 9 years in various capacities. His team advanced to the World Finals of ACM-ICPC (International Collegiate Programming Contest) twice, and he has been a coach and problem setter at IOITC (International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp, India) for 6 years. He has lectured at many coding camps across the country, on topics of varying difficulties.