- The contest is open to anyone with a knack for programming.
- It is a team contest with each team having a maximum of two members from the same institution.
- Teams will be ranked as per the number of problems solved
- Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- Total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem (Wrong answer, Time limit exceeded, Runtime Error, Compilation Error). There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- The contest will consist of multiple rounds, with teams progressing in every round.
- The problem statements will be available in four different languages: English, Mandarin, Russian and Vietnamese.
Here’s how the teams will progress:
- Qualifier: Any team solving 1 problem move to the pre-elimination rounds.
- Pre - Elimination Round A: Teams falling under 1000 ranks in the rank table move towards the elimination.
- Pre - Elimination Round B: Teams falling under 1000 ranks (which were not selected in Pre-Elimination Round A) in the rank table move towards the elimination.
- Elimination Round: Top 50 teams (25 Global and 25 Indian) move into the onsite finale.
- Final Onsite Round:
- Top 50 (25 Global and 25 Indian) teams will be invited for the onsite finale.
- There will be 1 slot reserved for an Indian school team, given that they finish in top 100 teams in the elimination round
- There will be 1 slot reserved for an all girls team, given that they finish in top 100 teams in the elimination round.
- 15 Global and 15 Indian teams will be flown down for the onsite round to be held at CodeChef Headquarters in Mumbai.
- The remaining 20 teams will have to meet their own travel expenses, but their accommodation, food, and local transport will be arranged by CodeChef.
- Teams travelling to onsite finale at their own expense will have it reimbursed if they finish in top 3 teams in the finals.
- All the teams eligible for onsite round will be contacted regarding their travel and accommodation arrangements well in advance. We request you all to keep all your travel documents ready.
- All the teams’ travel and accommodation during the event itinerary will be arranged by CodeChef. However, should you choose to extend your stay, you will have make your accommodation arrangements.
Category (Global & Indian) criteria for Onsite Finalists
- Top 25 Global Category:
- To be eligible to fall in the Global Category, the team members should be from same institution/organization at the time of registration.
- Top 25 Indian Category:
- To be eligible to fall in Indian category, the team members must be Indian nationals. They must also belong to the same institution/organization at the time of registration.
- Both the team members must be working or pursuing education or residing in India.
- Should be present in India at the time of onsite finals to be flown down to the Finale at Directiplex, Mumbai.
- Anyone with a knack for programming and access to the Internet.
- Anyone with a CodeChef account.
- A team can have maximum of two members and minimum of one (duh!).
- Both team members should have a CodeChef account.
- Both the team members should be from the same institution/organization.
- A participant can be part of only one team.
- CodeChef holds all rights to adjudicate on any dispute and verify your eligibility at any stage of the contest.
- By entering the contest, you agree to produce any proof of eligibility requested by CodeChef for verification purposes.
- If you fail to do so, it will result in your immediate disqualification from the contest and forfeiture of the prizes.
Entering the contest:
- To take part in the contest, you must have a CodeChef account, with a completed profile (fill up all the mandatory fields if you have not done so already).
- If you do not have a CodeChef profile yet, do not fret, you can get one here. You need to register your team for the contest before you start participating. The time of registration is mentioned on the Contest page.
- You can register only one team for the contest.
- Employees of Directi or its any business vertical will be considered for separate prizes and will not be eligible for the main prize category.
- Students interning with Directi this year will be considered as University going students and will be eligible for the main prize category.
- The registration for SnackDown 2016 will close at end of the qualifier round. We suggest you to register your team well in advance to avoid any last minute hassle.
CodeChef can disqualify and forfeit the prizes of any team if they attempt to undermine the contest decorum by:
- Violating CodeChef's Code of Conduct at any stage of the tournament.
- Not complying with the terms listed in here.
- Providing false information to become eligible for the prizes.
- Misbehaving with other participant or contest administrators at any stage of the tournament.
- Using content that is lewd, racist, pornographic, sexist, or otherwise unfitting for the Contest.
- Getting involved in any malicious activity during any stage of the tournament.
Participation by Global participants:
All the above mentioned rules and terms are applicable to all our participants. However, if you are participating in the global category, there are few more things that you need to make a note of.
- Your travel and accommodation during the itinerary will be arranged by CodeChef. However, should you choose to extend your stay, you will have make your accommodation arrangements.
- Your travel bookings will be done as per your return schedule.
- In case a team from the eligible teams to be flown down for the onsite event backs out for any reason whatsoever, they will lose their eligibility for the prizes to be won.
- You will need a valid Passport and all the documents required for Visa to India.
- Cash Prizes: All the cash prizes will be awarded in US dollars and will be given in the form of cash, cheque, or any other mode of payment.
- Taxes: Participants will be solely responsible for complying with the pertinent tax laws. All the cash prizes will be given after proper deduction of taxes as required by the law.
- The goodies for the onsite participants will be handed over at the onsite event, while for the other participants it will be delivered at the address provided.
- If any Indian team comes in top 3 at the SnackDown 2016 finals then the Best Indian Team category prize will lapse.
- All the teams qualifying for the pre-elimination round will get a "Certificate of Participation".
- The “Rules” listed herein are applicable to “CodeChef SnackDown” and every aspect of it. We urge you to go through these Terms with awareness as they form a legal agreement between you and CodeChef. There can be some alterations in the contest, which when happen may require changes in the existing or inclusion of completely new terms. The changes will become the part of the existing terms and your agreement with CodeChef with respect to the Contest.
- “As a participant you are expected to adhere to these terms, failing which, you will be disqualified from the contest at any stage and will not be eligible for any prizes. Your submission into the contest shall be taken as your agreement to the terms below.”