- Registration Related:
- How do I register my team?
- When does the registration for SnackDown 2016 end?
The registrations will close at the end of the qualification round. For details and timings regarding the qualification round, kindly refer the schedule.
- How many members can a team have?
For SnackDown, a team can only have maximum of two members.
- Can I register a one member team?
Yes, you certainly can, but we suggest that you utilise the max cap.
- Can I register multiple teams?
No. A participant can only register and be part of one team.
- Can I register my team with someone who is not from my institute/organization?
No. In order to be eligible for the prizes both the team members should be from the same institute/organization.
- I cannot see my team member in my team, what should I do?
Your team member should receive a team invite from you when you add her to your team, once she accepts the invite she will start appearing in your team.
- Can I add/remove my team member?
Only team owner can add/remove the team member, only until the team member has accepted the invitation. Once the member has accepted the invitation, she can not be removed.
- Can both the team members log in from different places?
You cannot login from your team ID at different places, however, both the team members can log in to their accounts from different places and make submission on behalf of their team.
For those who do not know, you can make submissions on behalf of your team while you still logged in with your individual CodeChef account. This happens without your intervention, if your team is registered for the contest.
- I have registered as a single membered team. Can I add a team member now?
Yes, you can add a team member. However, this must be done before the qualifier round because once the contest has started you won’t be able to modify your team.
- I am a recent pass out of a school/college/university. What should I do?
You can team up with someone from the same school/college/university where you have recently graduated, provided if you haven't taken up your new academic career or an employment. For further queries on this, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contest Related:
- When is SnackDown 2016 starting?
- How many rounds there are in SnackDown 2016?
SnackDown 2016 has a completely new format comprising of the following rounds:
- How do I participate in the qualification round?
In order to take part in the qualification round, you need to be logged in, preferably well in advance (to avoid the last minute rush) before the start of qualification round. Once you are logged in with your individual CodeChef ID or your team login ID, head over to the contest page: https://www.codechef.com/SNCKQL16 and start submitting.
- How do I submit my solution?
- I am at the contest page, but I cannot see the questions?
Firstly make sure that you are logged in with the correct team ID that you have registered for the contest or from the same account that you used to register you team. Then check that the contest has started. If you still do not see the problems get in touch with us immediately at: email@example.com or call us at (022) – 61966396. We will help you with the issue.
- How many teams will move to the pre-elimination round?
All the teams solving at least 1 problem from the qualification round will move to the 1st pre-elimination round.
- How will I know I if my team has qualified for the pre-elimination round?
Well, for starters, if you have 1 solved problem from the qualification round in your account you automatically are eligible for the pre-elimination rounds. Additionally, we will also be sending an email to all the selected teams.
- How many teams will move into the elimination round from both the pre-elimination rounds?
Top 1000 teams from both the pre-elimination rounds will move into the elimination round.
- My team missed the cut in the first pre-elimination round, can I take part in the second pre-elimination?
All the teams who miss the top 1000 cut-off in the 1st pre-elimination round will still be eligible for the 2nd pre-elimination round. However, if you have already qualified for the elimination round, you will not be allowed to take part in the 2nd pre-elimination.
- How many teams will be selected for the onsite finale?
This year we will be inviting top 25 teams each from the global and top 25 teams from the Indian rank table to the onsite finale. However, the travel sponsorship will only be given to the top 15 Global and and top 15 Indian teams only. The remaining 20 teams will have to make their travel arrangements if they are planning to come down for the onsite finale. We will provide for the accommodation and food. If you have any concerns or questions you can direct them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation Related:
- What is the eligibility criterion for participation in SnackDown?
- Anyone with a knack for programming, and
- Anyone with a CodeChef account.
- I do not have a CodeChef account, can I still form a team and take part in the contest?
- To take part in the contest, you must have a CodeChef account, with a completed profile (fill up all the mandatory fields if you have not done so already).
- If you do not have a CodeChef profile yet, do not fret, you can get one here. You need to register your team for the contest before you start participating. The time of registration is mentioned on the Contest page.
- You can register only one team for the contest.
- I am a Directi employee, am I eligible to take part in the contest and will I be considered for prizes?
Employees of Directi or it’s any business vertical are absolutely eligible to take part in the contest and will be considered for a separate prize category. They will not be eligible for the given prizes.
- I am an Indian resident, currently working/interning outside India, will I be considered for onsite round?
Top 50 (top 25 global + top 25 Indian) teams from the elimination round will be eligible for the onsite finale. However, only 30 teams (top 15 Global + top 15 Indian) will be flown down for the onsite finale. For the Indian participants, both the team members will have to be in India in order to be eligible to be flown to the onsite round. If you are not in India at that time, you will be considered under the global category, and will have to finish in top 15 in that category to be eligible for being flown down by us for the onsite round or you may make your own travel arrangements to any city in India for us to fly you down from there.