In Indian culture, nothing depicts sweetness better than a Laddu. Be it a birthday party, a wedding celebration, or an examination result, Laddu is the first thing you will get to lay your hands on. And in true Indian tradition, we too have some laddus for you from our 7th birthday party. It’s not the traditional sugary goodness that you find at your local sweet store, but it certainly is sweeter. No matter which part of the world you belong to, we are sure you will savour this new Indian delicacy from our kitchen!
After multiple partial attempts to fix our goodie delivering process, we present to you our new goodie distribution program aka the "Laddu Accrual System."
With this, we intend to give a major overhaul to the current goodie winning process. You will now have the option to choose what you want as your CodeChef goodie.
The way it has been envisaged is that we will be distributing Laddus in place of goodies for your winnings and various other activities (described below), that you perform on our system. Once you collect enough number of Laddus, you can then redeem them to get yourself anything from a wide range of CodeChef goodies (Yes, we are going to broaden our inventory and we are open to your suggestions on what would you like to win).
So, let us tell you the activities, the laddus, and the process to use them.
|Bug Finder||50 - 1000 (depending on the bug severity). It may also fetch you a CodeChef internship!|
The above categories are just the beginning. We have added many more categories, and some changes because of the division system as well. You can look at them in detail here.
- We will have a new fully functioning portal on https://goodies.codechef.com that will be launched soon, where a logged in user will be able to redeem her laddus.
- Every user will be allowed “only” one “Check Out” every month. However, you can use it for ordering multiple goodies. (This helps us in processing your orders in a timely manner).
- The minimum laddus redeemable at Check Out are 200 for Indians and 400 for the rest of the world. (This helps us reduce our courier cost)
- While we like sharing laddus, these laddus are non-transferrable. They can only be consumed by the user they belong to.
- Laddus in your account will be valid for one year from the date of credit.
- Deactivating or deleting the account will cause lapsing of the laddus associated with them and they come back to our kitty.
- Accounts involved in any violation of our Code of Conduct will result in 50% of their total or 1000 laddus (whichever is higher) dropped from the user’s account.
This promises to make winning a CodeChef goodie even sweeter than it already is today. So empty your pockets and get ready to fill them with our Laddus.
We hope you will enjoy the laddus. If you have any concerns, regarding the system or any doubts about it, feel free to write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org