- Open contests are those that anyone on CodeChef can take part in. They will also appear here: https://codechef.com/contests.
- In an open-for-all competition, it is imperative for us to ensure that the problems match CodeChef standards in terms of quality. The level of difficulty does not matter as much as the quality of problem statements and test data do.
- We can restrict access to your contest for a set of usernames or a set of IP addresses. Such contests are closed contests and only available to those people whom you give them access to. These can be used for a targeted audience like your college/school club or a group of friends.
- We do not publicize closed contest in any way.
- These contests allow more than one user to participate.
- There is a separate registration required by a team for participating in a team contest (The team members should be existing CodeChef users).
- Eg. IIT Kanpur, Monthly Programming Contest.
- These are the more commonly held contests on CodeChef. Only one member takes part in this.
- There is no requirement of a seperate registration for these contests. The user just needs to have a CodeChef user id.
- As an organizer, you may still ask for the registration of the participants at your end to map the CodeChef user name with the user data so that you may contact them for prizes.
Types of Ranklists:
Types of Problems: