- Open contests are those that anyone on CodeChef can take part in. They will also appear here: http://codechef.com/contests.
- Since they are open to everyone, we publicize them on our newsletter, social media channels as well as on our platform.
- In an open-for-all competition, it is imperative for us to ensure that the problems match CodeChef standards in terms of quality. The level of difficulty does not matter as much as the quality of problem statements and test data do.
- We can restrict access to your contest for a set of usernames or a set of IP addresses. Such contests are closed contests and only available to those people whom you give them access to. These can be used for a targetted audience like your college/school club or a group of friends.
- We do not publicize closed contest in any way.
- The quality checks are relaxed for a contest that is limited to a closed group like an intra level college contest.
- These contests allow more than one user to participate (upto a maximum of 3).
- There is a separate registeration required by a team for participating in a team contest (The team members should be existing CodeChef users). The team registration link gets disabled when the contest starts.
- Eg. IIT Kanpur, Monthly Programming Contest.
- Read more about the details of the team contests here: http://www.codechef.com/wiki/team-contests
- These are the more commonly held contests on CodeChef. Only one member takes part in this.
- There is no requirement of a seperate registration for these contests. The user just needs to have a CodeChef user id.
- As an organizer, you may still ask for the registration of the participants at your end to map the CodeChef user name with the user data so that you may contact them for prizes.
- Eg. Alkhwarism 2013.
Types of Ranklists:
There are multiple types of ranklists that you can apply to your contests. Read in detail about them here
Types of Problems:
There are different types of problems that you can set in your contests. To know more about them, please visit here