The contest has ended. Solutions for all problems have been made public and the problems have been moved to practice section.
Rules and Regulations:
- Contest problems will become visible on November 16th, 2012 at 16:00 (IST) and end at November 17th, 2012 16:00 (IST). Check your timezone here.
- It will be open for all students and professionals, but professionals will not be eligible for the prizes.
- The contest is for individuals. No teams are allowed.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok.
- There is no restriction on the programming language to be used. Almost all languages are supported by Codechef.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. A program will be considered as correct if its output matches with our output against our critical test data. All white space characters in the output will be ignored.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- You can visit here in case of any doubts.
- You will receive ONE point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem(Wrong answer, Time limit exceeded, Runtime Error, Compilation Error ). There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
16/11/2012, 16:27 IST: The rankings can be viewed here.