Organized by upGrad for Advanced Certification in ML and Cloud with IIT Madras:
in partnership with
- Prizes for the Top 3: The Top 3 programmers will get shortlisted for Personal Interview round for the selection of IIT Madras Advance Certification in Machine Learning and Cloud with the fee-waiver. They will also 100% scholarship for the Business Analytics Program offered by upGrad, irrespective of their selection or admission in the Machine Learning and Cloud program.
- Know more about the Upgrad, IIT Madras Advance Certification in ML and Cloud here.
- Know more about the Upgrad's Business Analytics program here.
- Prizes for all the shortlisted programmers: All the programmers who get shortlisted from this contest for the Personal Interview round will get a fee waiver of INR 15,000 for joining the upGrad's Advanced Certification program in Machine Learning and Cloud, with IIT Madras. Along with this, all the program admits for the advanced certification in MLC will be able to pursue the Business Analytics Program at no costs. This will help the program admits in getting additional complementary skills and knowledge in the field of business analytics as well.
- Shortlisting Criteria: A minimum score 105 out of 210
- Duration: 2 hours
- Start time: 5th March 2020, 18:00 hrs IST
- End time: 9th March 2020, 22:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, it is mandatory to register for this contest and all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Almost all languages supported on CodeChef are allowed.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided.
For Queries regarding the Contest:
- Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject 'Query regarding All India Selection Contest for Upgrad IITM MLC'.
- Alternatively you can connect over a call through +91-7710042013 or +91-22619-66396
- Scores: Each MCQ carries 5 points whereas the question on question on SQL and the coding questions carry 40 points each.
- To answer each MCQ-based question: You will have to enter your answer as a text-input and submit. Only one submission can be made for an MCQ-based question.
- Users are ranked according to the their total scores.
- Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time. The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- You can submit solutions for coding questions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your first correct submission will be considered.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
5th March 2020, 17:55 IST:
1. For the programming problems, and the SQLite problem, you are allowed to make a maximum of 500 submissions eash. For the MCQ questions, you can make at most 1 submission.
2. Also note that on the CodeChef IDE (https://www.codechef.com/ide) you will not be able to 'Run' the SQLite code. You can submit through it though.
3. For the MCQ questions, you should enter just the option in the submit page. For example, if you think that the correct answer is the first option, you should type only "A" (without quotes) and submit. If you think that it's the second option, type only "B". Typing anything else, or typing in lower case, all will result in a wrong answer.
4. All India Selection contest is being organized by Upgrad for IIT Madras Advance Certification in Machine Learning and Cloud. By clicking on "Know more about the program" button, you will be re-directed to Upgrad's platform where you can explore more about the advanced certification program. More details about the contest can be found under 'Contest Details' section below.