About the Contest:
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by University of Engineering and Management, Kolkata (IEM-Group)
- Start time: 15th January 2019, 18:00 hrs IST
- End time: 16th January 2019, 06:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for problem solving in Mathematics :P
The contest is open to participants across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- There will be 5 problems in increasing difficulty level. Problem 1 being the easiest and Problem 5 being the hardest. All the problems have same points alloted to them.
- You will not be able to view the second problem unless you have successfully solved the first problem. Similarly, only after you solve the second will you be able to unlock the third problem, and so on.
- After successfully solving a problem, come back to the contest page, and the next problem should be unlocked for you. You might have to wait for upto 20 seconds for this.
- Level of questions will be of International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) Level.
- The age limit will be 24 years and it can be verified considering social security numbers like Adhar card no., pan no., driving license no., etc.
- Questions may contain text, equations, alphanumeric characters, diagrams, graphs, images, charts, integral or differential equations, matrices, etc.
- Answer will not be MCQ type but may contain numeric, alphanumeric, decimal, mathematical functions, trigonometric expressions, graphs, diagrams, etc.
- You will have maximum 3 attempts to answer each question and the participants will be ranked according to the number of problems that they have solved. Ties will be broken according to the time taken to reach that score. So, the user who first solves all 5 problems will be the winner.
- To solve a problem, click on the Submit button from the problem page, and type the exact answer in the box which says "Please insert your source code", and press Submit. For example, if the answer is ten, type only "10", without the quotes.
- Every participant will be participating on their own. No collaboration is allowed. It is an individual contest.
- You are cordially invited to give your suggestions to successfully conduct this online Olympiad.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
17 Jan 2019, 10:15 IST: Congratulations to all the UEMMO-19 rank holders. Top 70 rank holders are requested to fill up the form given in the following link. It is mandatory for disbursement of winning prizes and certificates.
20 Dec 2018, 10:15 IST:
We are happy to announce that University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata (IEM-Group) is organizing the online International Mathematics Olympiad (UEMMO-2019) in association with CodeChef. It is scheduled to be held on 15th January, 2019. It is a great opportunity for students preparing for International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) or any Mathematics lover to test their ability. Participants can appear for the exam from their home using the online platform. Registration is completely free and they can win exciting prizes (Amazon gift cards worth $300 and certificates). We request you to encourage each and every student to register in UEMMO-2019.
Registration link: https://www.codechef.com/UEMATICS
Facebook page link: https://www.facebook.com/UEMMO-19-796358377372870/