About the Contest:
- Organiser: The Shaastra contest is hosted by Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Prelims: Top performers from this are selected to participate in Shaastra onsite round
- Finals Prizes: Winners- , Runner-up1- , Runner-up2-
- Registrations for prizes: Please find the details below.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type: Prelims
- Start time: 24th December 2016, 1400 hrs IST
- End time: 24th December 2016, 1700 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here.
1) Nishal Singh
This is a team contest, so a separate registration is needed for the team to participate. Go through the following steps to register your team:
- Log in with your normal CodeChef user ID.
1. Register your team on CodeChef contest page here: Team Registration Link
2. Register yourself on Shaastra website here: Register here
- Note: The contest will be restricted and only those who have registered on Shaastra website will be able to access the contest page.
- You can get more information about team contests here.
- If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Any college student with a knack for Programming :)
Our contests are open to all the college students across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide by CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us.
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of a problem, on any other platform on the web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- C, C++, Python 2.7, Python 3.4 and Java are allowed
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However, output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- Rankings will be frozen 30 minutes before contest gets over. Your final rankings will be out later by the organisers.
- All the problems have same points allotted to them.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem(Wrong answer, Time limit exceeded, Runtime Error). There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- The decision of the organisers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".