About the Contest:
SnackDown 2019 is an annual multi-round global programming tournament conducted by CodeChef. More information about it can be found here
Prizes for SnackDown 2019 Finalists:
- 1st Prize: $10,000
- 2nd Prize: $5000
- 3rd Prize: $3000
- Best Indian team: $2000
- Best Indian school & women team: $500 each
- Top 300 teams in Elimination Round will win cool SnackDown t-shirts
- Duration: 1 day 12 hours
- Start time: 28th October 2018, 02:00 hrs IST
- End time: 29th October 2018, 14:00 hrs IST
Check timezone here.
Participants who qualified the first Online Qualifier Round are eligible to take part in this round. Please note that participants who have qualified Round 1A can only participate unofficially in Round 1B.
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to
CodeChef code of conduct
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Almost all languages supported on CodeChef are allowed.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided.
- All the problems have same points alloted to them.
- Users are ranked according to their score.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your first correct submission will be considered.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
12:13 IST, 5th Nov: The SnackDown 2019 - Onsite Finale will be conducted on 15th and 16th February 2019 in India. The venue of the onsite will be announced soon.
14:45 IST, 31 OctThe teams in top 1500 ranks in Round 1A and those who scored >= 350 and above in Round 1B will be directly ported to the Pre-Elimination Round. In addition to this, they will also receive an official email. The eligible teams do not have to register again. Please note, the teams who will be caught under plagiarism for Round 1A and Round 1B will be disqualified after the Pre-Elimination Round.
21:00 IST, 29 Oct: The SnackDown 2019 - Online Round 1B has ended!
The editorials will be uploaded here.
2:24 PM IST, 29 Oct: All teams scoring >= 350 in this round will qualify for the Pre-Elimination Round. That is the current cut-off, and so to not disadvantage the teams who are unaware of the extension of the contest, we are freezing that as the cut-off.
1:39 PM IST, 29 Oct: The contest has been extended by 7 hours. It'll now end at 21:00 IST. This has been done because the Registration Timer had been set till 9pm by mistake, and many teams assumed that the contest has been extended due to that.
7:35 PM IST, 28 Oct: We have fixed the ranklist issue, teams which are participating unofficially (who have qualified for Pre-Elimination Round) in Round 1B will no longer appear on the ranklist.
5:15 PM IST, 28 Oct: All the teams including those who have qualified for Pre-Elimination round (who are unofficially allowed to take part in Round 1B) are also appearing on the ranklist. We shall soon incorporate the changes on the ranklist and update everyone here.
02:40 AM IST, 28 Oct: There was an error in the Sample testcases of QUEUE2. They have been fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
11:40 PM IST, 27 Oct: The contest has been postponed by 2 hours. The contest will now begin at 28th October 2 am and will end at 29th October 2 pm. We regret the inconvenience caused.
10:10 AM IST, 21 Oct: Teams which have qualified for the Pre-Elimination Round from Round 1A can participate unofficially in this round. That is, they can participate, but they will not appear in the ranklist, so as to give the other teams a chance to qualify.
Note: All the submissions for Round 1A and Round 1B will be put through MOSS for plagiarism detection (this will be done post Round 1B). Incase, if any team is caught in cheating then their qualification to further rounds would be revoked.