CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef August Long Challenge:
CodeChef Long Challenge is a 10 day monthly coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. The significance being- it gives you enough time to think about a problem, try different ways of attacking the problem, read the concepts etc. If you're usually slow at solving problems and have ample time in hand, this is ideal for you. There would a tremendous amount of learning while competing. We also put in a lot of efforts in getting quality problems, which would in turn foster your learning while solving them.
Duration: 10 Days, From 4th September 15:00 hrs IST to 14th September 15:00 hrs IST. Check your time zone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
What is in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also, we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books, and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright.
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away cash prizes and goodies to the winners of the contest. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing. FYI, here are the list of prizes:
* 1st prize - INR 12000/-
* 2nd prize - INR 8000/-
For Rest of World:
* 1st prize - $400
* 2nd prize - $300
In addition to the above prizes. Top 10 global, Top 20 Indian, Top 5 school (Indian), Top 5 school (Global), Top 3 challenge problem solvers Indian and Global (apart from the winners) get cool CodeChef goodies. Starting with August Challenge 2015, top 5 girl coders will be provided with goodies, given that they are among top 100 in the final ranklist (this will be irrespective of the region).
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com.
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community. Contest problems will become visible on Friday, 7th August 2015 at 15:00 hours IST. Check your timezone here.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) point for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution.
- The score that you will see during the contest (for tie-breaker problem), will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data). The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500. (Except the challenge problem, that will have a reduced submission limit of 200)
- Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE
All the submissions to the challenge problem will be rejudged.
Sun 6, 19:25 IST: In the challenge problem CHTTRS, You are allowed maximum 200 submissions. Also, no memory and time limit information will be provided for the test cases which are meant to be judged after the contest (i.e. 80% of the test cases). Though, you will be told AC/WA for that too.
Sun 7, 8:04 IST: In the challenge problem CODECRCK, we realised that some test cases were not being used for judging. Therefore, only 10 cases showed, but there are actually 13 of them. All solutions have been rejudged, so some correct solutions may receive WA now. Sorry for the late announcement and the inconvenience!