About the Contest:
- This is a coding contest based on algorithms, data structures and problem solving. If you are new here, check out our getting started page.
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Prizes: The top 10 Indian participants will win cool custom t-shirts!
- Registrations for prizes: Please fill up the registration form for the contest accurately.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Start time: 21st January 2020, 20:00 hrs IST
- End time: 21st January 2020, 22:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here.
- There will be 2 steps of evaluation:
- Your submission would be required to pass certain test cases: that is, it should produce the correct output for the given input.
- It should also have a minimum possible number of changes. A code with more than a certain percentage of change won't be accepted.
- We will be using edit distance to decide the extent to which you've changed the code. Be careful how you edit your code! Do not add unnecesary comments or rename variables, you'll lose marks.
- The scoring is relative, that is, if you edit your code more than someone else who has just submitted, your score will reduce! So monitor the ranklist carefully to ensure that you stay at the stop!
- Ties will be broken using submission time.
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. No seperate registration is required. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Almost all languages supported on CodeChef are allowed.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. However output and input should be exactly as specified in the samples provided
- Please contact email@example.com for any queries during the contest..
- All the problems have same points alloted to them.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first accepted run plus 15 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem(Wrong answer, Time limit exceeded, Runtime Error). There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".