Sponsored by ShareChat
Full-time open positions at ShareChat
ShareChat is looking for full-time Backend, Android, Machine Learning Engineers and Web Developers to be a part of their team. These positions are open for professionals across the globe. Click here to know more about the open positions. Compete in the contest and apply to be a part of ShareChat.
ShareChat is a social network for the next billion smartphone users. They have grown organically to 18 million active users and are doubling every 4 months. Currently, their userbase is majorly from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Canada and are expanding at a very rapid pace. We are happy to associate with ShareChat and would like to announce that they are the official sponsors for the October Long Challange 2018. Through this contest, they are also providing internships and full-time opportunities with lucrative offers. Interested programmers can go through the above mentioned application links.
New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming, and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef October Long Challenge:
CodeChef Long Challenge is a 10-day monthly coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. The significance being - it gives you enough time to think about a problem, try different ways of attacking the problem, read the concepts etc. If you’re usually slow at solving problems and have ample time at hand, this is ideal for you. We also put in a lot of efforts in getting quality problems, which would, in turn, foster your learning while solving them.
- Duration: 10 Days, From 5th October 1500 hrs IST to 17th October 1500 hrs IST. Check your timezone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away cash prizes and goodies to the winners of the contest. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing. You can know more about prizes here. FYI, here are the list of cash prizes:
- 1st prize: INR 12000/-
- 2nd prize: INR 8000/-
For Rest of World (Excluding Indians):
- 1st prize: $400
- 2nd prize: $300
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get a score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) points for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest (for tie-breaker / challenge problem), will only be partial (scored on 20% of the test data). The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get a full score (scored on the whole test data).
- Similarly, for the challenge problem, the time and memory consumption shown for a submission will be the maximum of the corresponding metric on only the 20% of the test files on which it is being scored now. You will still get a WA/TLE/MLE verdict if your submission fails in the remaining 80% of the test files.
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500 and the maximum number of submissions allowed in the challenge problem are limited to 100.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
Sat Oct 20, 16:00 IST: The October Challenge 2018 has ended!
The editorials will be uploaded soon.
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
MOSS results are not out yet. Ranklist will be recalculated and Laddus will be provided post the MOSS process.
Fri Oct 19, 20:15 IST: The issue in the challenge problem still persisted, and we unfortunately are forced to scrap the problem. The contest will therefore end by 15:00 IST on 20th October. We are sorry for the terrible experience with the challenge problem.
Tue Oct 16, 23:55 IST Extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Test data generation for CHEFTAK a bit changed. Also, make sure that non-negative score is counted as Accepted, and the problem has T = 5 tests, each test with N = 10000 iterations. As the problem has multi-tests now, all previous submissions won't get Accepted.
Tue Oct 16, 23:50 IST The contest has been extended till 21st October noon. CHEFTAK has been fixed now. We apologize for the long delay.
Mon Oct 15, 12:00 IST The contest has been extended by two days. We apologize for the issue with the Challenge problem, and will update soon regarding it.
Sat Oct 06 , 19:49 IST The checker for CHEFTAK is incorrect. It will be repaired soon and all submissions will be rejudged, sorry for the inconvenience.