Sponsored by ShareChat
Internships at ShareChat
ShareChat is looking for Backend, Android, Machine Learning and Web Developer interns. This is an exclusive internship opportunity open for all the final year students (who are already placed) who want to get exposure at a fast-growing startup before joining the big corporates.Apply for Internships
Full-time Roles at ShareChat
ShareChat is looking for full-time Backend, Android, Machine Learning Engineers and Web Developers to be a part of their team. These positions are open for professionals across the globe.
ShareChat is a social network for the next billion smartphone users. They have grown organically to 18 million active users and are doubling every 4 months. Currently, their userbase is majorly from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Canada and are expanding at a very rapid pace. We are happy to associate with ShareChat and would like to announce that they are the official sponsors for the March Long Challenge 2019. Through this contest, they are providing internship and full-time opportunities with lucrative offers. Interested programmers can go through the above mentioned application links and compete in the contest to be a part of ShareChat.
Within a short span of 3 years, ShareChat has amassed a user-base of 18+ million, and now the Bangalore based social network startup is ready to take on the challenges of reaching out to their next billion users! Learn more about the research and technology that goes into creating this fascinating app through the ShareChat tech blog.
New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming, and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef March Long Challenge:
CodeChef Long Challenge is a 10-day monthly coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. The significance being - it gives you enough time to think about a problem, try different ways of attacking the problem, read the concepts etc. If you’re usually slow at solving problems and have ample time at hand, this is ideal for you. We also put in a lot of efforts in getting quality problems, which would, in turn, foster your learning while solving them.
- Duration: 10 Days, from 1st March 1500 hrs IST to 11th March 1500 hrs IST. Check your timezone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get a score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) points for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest (for tie-breaker problem), will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data). The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get a full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- Similarly, for the challenge problem, the time and memory consumption shown for a submission will be the maximum of the corresponding metric on only the 20% of the test files on which it is being scored now. You will still get a WA/TLE/MLE verdict if your submission fails in the remaining 80% of the test files.
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500 and the maximum number of submissions allowed in the challenge problem are limited to 100.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
15th March, 16:15 IST: Thanks to everyone who participated in the March Long Challenge. We are pleased to announce the 10 randomly selected winners of CodeChef Certification Exam. Head over to this link: https://goo.gl/LoRCE8 to find out the lucky ones.
Note: We have emailed details of prizes won to all the winners.
13th March, 16:00: The March Challenge 2019 has ended!
The editorials can be found here.
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
MOSS results are not out yet. Ranklist will be recalculated and Laddus will be provided post the MOSS process.
8th March, 00:00: The challenge problem has been added and the contest is being extended by 2 days.
4th March, 19:55: The problem MATPER has been added.
2nd March, 7:45: All submissions of SUBPRNJL, TREASURE, CHONQ and JAIN have been rejudged due to minor issues with the formatting of test data.
1st March, 15:00: Two more problems will be added soon.
1st March, 00:00: As CodeChef is celebrating 10 years of cooking up code and the Chef has some extra special prizes for the participants:
For Indian participants of Div 1
- Top 40 (instead of 20) in the ranklist will receive 300 laddus
- Top 10 (instead of 5) School Students will receive 300 laddus
- Top 5 (instead of 3) Challenge Scores (except winners) will receive 300 laddus
For Global participants of Div 1
- Top 20 (instead of 10) from ranklist will receive 300 laddus
- Top 10 (instead of 5) School Students will receive 300 laddus
- Top 5 (instead of 3) Challenge Scores (except users who received laddus in the previous 2 points) will receive 300 laddus
For Women participants (Global) of Div 1
- Top 10 women (instead of 5) coders, given that they are among top 100 in the ranklist will receive 300 laddus
CodeChef Certification Exam (Div 1 and Div 2)
- Randomly selected 10 participants of Div 1 and Div 2 will get the opportunity to avail the CodeChef Certification Exam on DSA free of cost. Additionally each participant gets the privilege to nominate 10 other users who too will get the opportunity to give the CodeChef Certification Exam free of cost.
- This is applicable for the CodeChef Certification Exam which will be conducted on 31st March 2019.
- Participants interested in availing the certification discount, must fill this form: https://goo.gl/mQuffT by 13th March 2019, 15:00 hrs IST.