New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef’s problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) point for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data).
- The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500.
- All participants are expected to abide by the CodeChef Code Of Conduct
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
- March 11, 2015, 2:42 PM IST: In problem EMBED, there was a small bug in generator which has been corrected. Also all the submissions have been put to rejudge. We really regret the inconvenience.
- March 7, 2015, 3:07 PM IST: Strong test data in STRSUB problem has been added. All the submissions have also been put to rejudge. Sorry for inconvenience caused
- March 6, 2015, 9:45 PM IST: The sample input and judge tests in SEAPROAR have been updated. We have rejudged all the solutions. Regret the inconvenience caused.
- March 6, 2015, 4:20 PM IST: Please reload page in problem SIGNWAVE as the images have been added correctly.