New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef March Lunchtime 2020:
CodeChef Lunchtime is a three hours coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Start Date: Saturday, 28th March, 2020 at 19:30 HRS (IST)
- End Date: Saturday, 28th March, 2020 at 22:30 HRS (IST)
- Check your timezone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away goodies to the winners of the contest. You can know more about prizes here. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing.
With CodeChef laddus, the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: goodies.codechef.com. In addition to it an appreciation certificate will also be provided to the winners.
Rules and Regulations:
- This is an IOI style contest. This means that the problems will be partially graded. You will get score for passing certain test data.
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your best correct submission will be considered.
- Those who achieve the score first will be placed higher in the ranklist in case of a tie.
- The contest is meant for students of high school and middle school though everyone is invited to participate.
- There will be separate ranking page for school students. The school students will be identified by the institution that they have entered in their profile.
- We have removed all the Institutions that we could not identify from our database. We request you to update your institutions once again by going to your profile page.
- You can also send in your queries in an email to email@example.com, during the contest.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Residents of the following countries and territories are not eligible to win prizes/laddus/goodies due to legal restrictions: Antarctica, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bouvet Island, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Christmas Island, Crimea, Cuba, North Korea, Equatorial Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Sevastopol, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
22:35 IST: The editorials can be found here.
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
This is an unrated contest, and we will not be providing Laddus for this contest.
21:25 IST: Due to unexpectedly large number of participants in the Lunchtime, our systems were unable to handle the load, and we are forced to stop the contest, which will be unrated. The problems will be moved to the Practice section. We are very sorry, and will be scaling up for the next contest.
(For the attendance streak, all users will be considered to have participated in this contest, irrespective of whether they submitted or not)
20:10 IST: We've extended the contest by 15 minutes.