New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
About CodeChef February LunchTime:
CodeChef LunchTime is the Junior Programming series aimed at providing a fun contest to the students of middle/high school. It's a 3 hour, IOI style coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. LunchTime contests are the right platform to compete for those who are aspiring to crack International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI).
- Problem Setter & Russian Translator: Sergey Kulik
- Problem Tester: Roman Furko
- Editorialist: Balajiganapathi Senthilnathan
- Mandarin Translator: Minako Kojima
- Contest Admin: Praveen Dhinwa
- Duration: 3 hours, From 22nd February 11:00 hrs IST to 22nd February 14:00 hrs IST. Check your timezone here.
- For ranklist visit: http://www.codechef.com/rankings/LTIME21
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away goodies to the winners (only to school students) of the contest. You can know more about prizes here. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing.
What’s new in CodeChef?
You may now play with our new groups & LaTex feature on discuss.
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only your best correct submission will be considered.
- Those who achieve the score first will be placed higher in the ranklist in case of a tie.
- The contest is meant for students of high school and middle school though everyone is invited to participate.
- There will be separate ranking page for school students. The school students will be identified by the inistitution that they have enetered in their profile.
- We have removed all the Institutions that we could not identify from our database. We request you to update your institutions once again by going to your profile page.
- You can also send in your queries in an email to email@example.com, during the contest.
- Contest problems will become visible on February 22nd, 2015 at 11:00 am (IST) to 2:00 pm (IST). There will be 4 problems in all. Check your time zone here.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussing CodeChef’s problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- All participants are expected to abide by the CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
22/02/2015, 11:13 IST: The rankings for the contest can be found here.
22/02/2015, 12:36 IST: In problem, HLDOTS we had added some more test cases. All the solutions has been put to rejudge.