New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming, and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef July Long Challenge:
CodeChef Long Challenge is a 10-day monthly coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills. The significance being - it gives you enough time to think about a problem, try different ways of attacking the problem, read the concepts etc. If you’re usually slow at solving problems and have ample time at hand, this is ideal for you. We also put in a lot of efforts in getting quality problems, which would, in turn, foster your learning while solving them.
- Duration: 10 Days, from 5th July 1500 hrs IST to 15th July 1500 hrs IST. Check your timezone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away cash prizes and goodies to the winners of the contest. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing. You can know more about prizes here. FYI, here are the list of cash prizes:
- 1st prize: INR 12000/-
- 2nd prize: INR 8000/-
- 1st prize: $400
- 2nd prize: $300
With CodeChef laddus, the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get a score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) point for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- There are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest (for tie-breaker problem), will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data). The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get a full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- Similarly, for the challenge problem, the time and memory consumption shown for a submission will be the maximum of the corresponding metric on only the 20% of the test files on which it is being scored now. You will still get a WA/TLE/MLE verdict if your submission fails in the remaining 80% of the test files.
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500 and the maximum number of submissions allowed in the challenge problem are limited to 100.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
15th July 16:00 IST: The July Challenge 2019 has ended!
The editorials can be found here.
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
Ranklist will be recalculated and Laddus will be provided post ratings calculation.
8th July 21:55 IST: Due to a misconfiguration in CHFWAR2, the scores being displayed were the average of all the 16 files instead of the sum only 4 files as stated in the statement. It has now been changed to be the sum of all 16 files, and the statement has been changed accordingly. All submissions have been rejudged.
There will be no rejudge after the contest, and these are the final scores.
8th July 20:00 IST: Details are added in the test generation of network type II in CHFWAR2.
7th July 20:05 IST: There were Internal Errors in few submissions of GUESSPRM, because of an issue in the judge. It has been fixed now, and all non-AC submissions are being rejudged.
6th July 20:45 IST: There was an error in the test data of CCC. It has been fixed now, and all submissions are being rejudged.
15:45 IST: The statement of MMAX has been modified.