About the Contest:
IOPACS is an online International Olympiad for Pure and Applied Chemical Sciences organised for the first time by the Chemistry wing of BSH Department of Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata in collaboration with the Society of Makers, Artists, Researchers and Technologists, (SMART), USA. University of Engineering & Management (UEM) along with the SMART society has been our joint sponsors using the online examination platform of CodeChef. This Olympiad aims at evaluating the subject knowledge, instant application in allied field, developing technological skill-set and competitive attitude for the overall growth of science among tech-learners. Not only that, this competition is organised to put more emphasis on inter-discipline science and to inculcate the scientific mind set in the early orientation of the career
Award: $150 for Winner, $100 for 1st runner up, $50 for 2nd runner up
- Duration: 2 days
- Start time: 12th January 2018, 09:00 hrs IST
- End time: 14th January 2018, 09:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for problem solving in Chemistry :P
The contest is open to participants across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- There will be 3 levels and each level will have ten questions
- As level increases problems become more and more challenging (Level 1 being the entry level and Level 3 being the last). The Levels serve no other purpose.
- You will not be able to view the second problem unless you have successfully solved the first problem. Similarly, only after you solve the second will you be able to unlock the third problem, and so on.
- All problems are MCQ type, and participants will have three attempts for a particular question. After three unsuccessful attempts they wil not be able to participate in the contest any further.
- To solve a problem, click on the Submit button from the problem page, and type only the option in the box which says "Please insert your source code", and press Submit. Only put the alphabet corresponding to correct option in UPPERCASE with no extra spaces or any other character. For example, if the answer for question is option A), just type "A" (without quotes) in the submit box.
- The participants will be ranked according to the number of problems that they have solved. Ties will be broken according to the time taken to reach that score. So, the user who first solves all 30 problems will be the winner.
- Every participants will be participating on their own. No group system is allowed.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
Note: Only put the alphabet corresponding to correct option in UPPERCASE with no extra spaces or any other character. For example, if the answer for question is option A), just type "A" (without quotes) in the submit box.
Questions numbered 1 to 10 are in section A. Questions from 11 to 20 are in section B. Questions labelled from 21 to 30 are in section C. The numbering in the statements restarts from 1 after every 10 questions, you may ignore that. It just indicates beginning of a new section.