About the Contest:
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by Society for Makers, Artists, Researchers and Technologists (SMART), USA jointly sponsored by Institute of Engineering & Management(IEM)
- Rank 1: Prizes worth US Dollar 150 along with certificate of Excellence
- Rank 2: Prizes worth US Dollar 100 along with certificate of Excellence
- Rank 3: Prizes worth US Dollar 50 along with certificate of Excellence
- Duration: 12 hours
- Start time: 20th October 2019, 09:00 hrs IST
- End time: 20th October 2019, 21:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for problem solving in Mathematics :P
The contest is open to participants across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- There will be 5 levels and each level will have one question.
- As level increases problem becomes more and more challenging (Level 1 being the entry level and Level-5 being the last)
- You will not be able to view the second problem unless you have successfully solved the first problem.Similarly, only after you have solved the second you will be able to unlock the third problem and so on.
- After successfully solving a problem, come back to the contest page and the next problem should be unlocked for you. You might have to wait for upto 20 seconds for this.
- The answers will be integer type and each participant will have three chances to lock an answer for a particular question. After three unsuccessful attempts their id would be blocked and they cannot continue participation.
- To solve a problem click on the submit button from the problem page and type the exact integer answer in the box which says "Please insert your source code" and press submit. For example if the answer is ten, type only "10" without the quotes.
- The participants will be ranked according to the number of problems that they have solved. Ties will be broken according to the time taken to reach that score.So the user who first solves all the 5 problems will be the winner.
- Level of question will be of International Mathematics Olympiad(IMO) level.
- There will be time limit for 12 hrs.
- The registration to this contest is free.
- The registration for the contest ends at 8:59:59 am on 20th October 2019.
- There should be tie breakers mainly focusing on the time of completion of a certain hurdle and by checking the accuracy of it also.
- Every participants will be participating on their own. No group system is allowed. Its an individual contest.
- There will be award and certificate of excellence for the top three rank holders.
- The top three rank holders need to provide a valid ID for getting award.
- Top 10% of the ranked contestants will get certificate of merit.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries during the contest.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.