About the Contest:
- Organiser: The contest is hosted by Society for Makers, Artists, Researchers and Technologists (SMART), USA jointly sponsored by Institute of Engineering & Management(IEM) and University of Engineering & Management(UEM)
- Rank 1 : Cash award of US Dollar 150 along with certificate of merit.
- Rank 2 : Cash award of US Dollar 100 along with certificate of merit.
- Rank 3-12 : Cash award of US Dollar 50 each along with certificate of merit.
- The remaining top 10% of the participants will get rank certificates.
- Duration: 2 days
- Start time: 4th November 2018, 09:00 hrs IST
- End time: 6th November 2018, 09:00 hrs IST
You may check your timezone here
You just need to have a CodeChef username to participate. If you do not have a CodeChef ID create one here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for problem solving in Mathematics :P
The contest is open to participants across the globe. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations:
- There will be 8 problems in increasing difficulty level. Problem 1 being the easiest and Problem 8 being the hardest. All the problems have same points alloted to them.
- You will not be able to view the second problem unless you have successfully solved the first problem. Similarly, only after you solve the second will you be able to unlock the third problem, and so on.
- After successfully solving a problem, come back to the contest page, and the next problem should be unlocked for you. You might have to wait for upto 20 seconds for this.
- The answers will be integer type and each participant will have three chances to answer each question. After three unsuccessful attempts, they cannot continue participation.
- To solve a problem, click on the Submit button from the problem page, and type the exact integer answer in the box which says "Please insert your source code", and press Submit. For example, if the answer is ten, type only "10", without the quotes.
- The participants will be ranked according to the number of problems that they have solved. Ties will be broken according to the time taken to reach that score. So, the user who first solves all 8 problems will be the winner.
- Registration for this contest is free.
- Every participant will be participating on their own. No collaboration is allowed. It is an individual contest.
- Level of questions will be of International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) Level.
- Upper age limit is restricted to 24 (as on 4.11.2018) for getting prize money.
- All cash prize winners (Rank 1-12) need to give a valid date of birth proof
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- Please contact email@example.com for any queries during the contest.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
7th November 2018, 9:00 IST: Congratulations to all the top rankers and participants for their hard work and valuable participation. As per the rules we will be distributing the cash prizes and merit certificates to top 12 rank holders and certificates to top 10% of participants within next 2 weeks after some analysis and verification process.
4th Novemner 2018, 14:30 IST: None of the answers are 0. Inputting 0 seems to have a bug, so don't do it.
4th Novemner 2018, 13:53 IST: The problem statement of Problem 6 has been changed.
4th November 2018, 13:22 IST: The answer of Problem 3 had an error, which has been fixed, and all submissions have been rejudged.
4th November 2018, 11:31 IST: Problem 1 has been fixed and has been now added as Problem 9, which can be attempted at the last. We regret the error.
4th November 2018, 11:10 IST: Problem 1 has been removed from the contest as of now, as there seems to an issues with it. Problem 2 should be unlocked for everyone now. The wrong submission in Problem 1 won't be considered.
4th November 2018, 9:12 IST: Note that since the ranklist is frozen and not accessible to the users, the number of Successful Submissions and Accuracy will always be 0, even if it actually isn't.
23rd September 2018, 14:00 IST: There was an error in the registration process and hence, all the users who had registered without filling the registration form have been deregistered from the contest. We request those users to kindly register again to participate in the contest. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.