HackHarvard Global Hackathon
HackHarvard Global is a month-long online hackathon competition open to anyone worldwide. Hosted in partnership with Zhejiang Lab and Alibaba Cloud Tianchi, HackHarvard Global challenges students to use technology to identify problems within their local communities and develop potential solutions to these problems.
The competition has three tracks: Technologies for Education, Technologies for the Environment, and Technologies for the Elderly.
Each track will have a first place, second place, and third place winner. There is a special award for the team with high school students.
The finalists from each of the three categories will be eligible for the below prizes:
- First prize: $2000 USD
- Second prize: $1500 USD
- Third prize: $700 USD
- Harvard Swag Bags
- One high-school team will be eligible for the Young Innovator Reward worth $700
- Submissions for Open Round are now open.
- 31st December 2018 at 11:59 PM CST: Deadline for Open Round Submissions
- 23rd January 2019 12:00 AM CST: Results will be announced for the Open Round, 99 teams will qualify to the semi-finals.
- 24th February 2019 at 11:59 PM CST: Semi-final submission deadline.
- March, 2019: Semi-Finals Results announced. 9 teams, three from each category will advance to the finals.
- March, 2019: Finals + Closing ceremony.
- The team can consist of minimum two or maximum three members
- Individual submissions are not allowed
- Participants can be secondary school students, university undergraduates, graduate students, PhD students, or industry professionals
- All the details pertaining to how to the registrations and format of the rounds can be found here:http://bit.ly/HackHarvard
- If you have any questions, please share with us on Tianchi Forum .
- You may also contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Before you contact us, please check if your question has been answered in our FAQ).
The contest is organised by
- HackHavard Group
- Zheijang Labs
- Alibaba Group
Our friends at Tianchi are hosting HackHarvard Global Hackathon, a team competition which is open for everyone to participate.
During the Hackathon, teams have to work on any one of the below mentioned tracks to solve interesting real world problems:
- Technology for Education
- Technology for Environment
- Technology for the Elderly
Each track will have a first, second and third place prizes. By clicking on the participate now button, you'll be redirected to the Tianchi platform where you can register and take part in the contest.