- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef’s problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.. Contest problems will become visible on Friday, 7th February 2014 at 15:00 hours IST. Check your timezone here.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data).
- The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500.
- All participants are expected to abide by the CodeChef Code Of Conduct
- Comments during this contest will go for moderation before being published. Only relevant comments will be posted and replied to. We will try and respond to every single comment that seem relevant and unique. Please read the guidelines before posting your comment.
Note: As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you're on a network or shared computer, or using an online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
13/02/2014, 02:42 IST : The test data of problem TWODOGS has been updated and the submisisons have been rejudged.
10/02/2014, 03:00 IST : We have added another problem LMATRIX2 in place of LMATRIX. The submissions to LMATRIX have been stopped. The submissions made towards solving LMATRIX will not be considered in the contest. The ranks will be adjusted in a few days to not reflect the submissions made to LMATRIX.
09/02/2014, 23:15 IST : We have stopped the submissions to the problem LMATRIX. We are updating the problem with new test data and problem statement. This problem has been found to be very similar to another problem used in one of our previous long contests. It is very unfortunate that this has happened. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused. Please wait for our further announcements.