Please read the rules before starting the contest
1. All the teams should register at: http://www.codechef.com/teams/register/ENCODER before the contest starts, while registering the teams should enter their CodeChef username in the "member information" text-box.
2. The teams should also register at: http://tinyurl.com/Encoder2011Registration .
3. Teams will be able to view problems individually, but will be able to submit solutions only by logging in with their team id. Each team can only be logged in from one PC at a time.
4. Maximum 2 participants per team.
5. Each participant should be the member of one and only one team.
6. Submitting same code by more than one team will lead to disqualification of teams.
7. Discussion of strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest shall lead to disqualification. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. Comments will be published only after admin approval during the contest. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com
8. The organizers can add, modify or remove the above mentioned rules. The decision of the organizers will be final.
Rules for Ranking:
1. Users will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
2. Users are ranked according to most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
3. The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- The contest has ended. We thank you for participating.
We would like to congratulate the following teams for managing to crack all 5 questions:
Moreover, all teams are expected to register themselves on Literati's registration portal (provided in the Rules Section). You shall soon be contacted with further instructions.
- Hurry up! just 45 minutes left.
- Teams please note that there are participation certificates for the top-20 performing teams! Keep at it !
- Teams may download the problem statements as a PDF from here
However, please go through the comments section of each of these problems for any discussions/corrections.
- Corrections to examples provided in various problem statements have been mentioned in the comments of the respective problems.
- The contest has begun. All the best!
- Keep an eye on your ranking by checking the link http://www.codechef.com/rankings/ENCODER
- The contest shall begin at 2:15 PM (IST) and shall go on till 7:15 PM (IST) on the Wednesday, 26th of January 2011
- The contest has been delayed by 15 minutes. Please register yourself on the links given under the Rules section
- For queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org