- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Discussing CodeChef’s problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.. Contest problems will become visible on Friday, 5th December 2014 at 15:00 hours IST. Check your timezone here.
- All the problems will be partially graded and you will get score for passing certain test data (except tie-breaker problem). You will receive hundred (100) point for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
- The details of the failed test cases will also be visible on your solution page (except challenge problem)
- You can submit solutions as many times as you'd like, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
- Each contest will have one min/max tie breaker problem, where the best solution will receive one point and all other solutions will receive a fraction based how close they come to the best solution
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- The score that you will see during the contest will only be partial (obtained on 20% of the test data).
- The submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data).
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 500.
- All participants are expected to abide by the CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Note: As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you're on a network or shared computer, or using an online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
15/12/2014, 14:30 IST: We have fixed the issue with our Pyramid judge. We have extended the submission time for CHEFPRES problem by 2 hours due to the inconvenience caused. Submission time for all other problems will end at 15:00(IST).
15/12/2014, 14:10 IST: There is a problem with our Pyramid Judge and we are working on fixing it. Unfortunately, CHEFPRES is using Pyramid judge and hence submissions for this problems are not being judged currently. We are extending the submission time for this problem alone after the contest ends. We are deciding on the extension time. We will keep you posted on this. We regret the inconvenience caused.
09/12/2014, 21:00 IST: The test cases have been updated and all the solutions for the problem KALKI have been put to rejudge. Regret the inconvenience caused.
09/12/2014, 14:30 IST: We are going through an updation in test cases for problem KALKI. We will re-judge all the submissions
06/12/2014, 20:30 IST: The last problem GOODGAL has been added to the contest page.
06/12/2014, 02:55 IST: The test data for the problem XORSUB has been updated and all the solutions have been rejiudged.
06/12/2014, 02:45 IST: The eighth and ninth problem viz. CHEFPRESS and KALKI have been added to the contest page.
05/12/2014, 16:34 IST: The remaining three problems are still being cooked in the kitchen and will be served soon.