New users are requested to go through the below information to know more about the contest.
CodeChef: A Platform for Aspiring Programmers
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, computer programming and programming contests. At CodeChef, we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month.
About CodeChef August Cook-Off:
CodeChef Cook-Off is a two hand half hour coding contest where you can show off your computer programming skills.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Start Date: Sunday, 18th June, 2017 at 21:30 HRS (IST)
- End Date: Sunday, 18th June, 2017 at 00:00 HRS (IST)
- Check your timezone here.
Eligibility Criteria: Anyone with a knack for Programming :P
Our contests are open to all the programmers across the globe.
What's in it for you?
The idea behind these programming contests is that we want you to learn while competing. Also we believe that it is alright to refer to tutorials, books and other materials, learn a concept and then apply the same to solve a problem during a contest. But it is not alright to copy other people's solutions or seek other people's help to solve a problem without understanding it. The dividing line may seem to be thin but it can be captured by the spirit of learning. If whatever you are doing is making you learn while you do so, we tend to believe that it is alright. However, all the participants are expected to abide to CodeChef Code Of Conduct
Not just that, as a token of motivation we also give away goodies to the winners of the contest.
- Top 10 from ranklist will get CodeChef laddus
For Rest of World:
- Top 10 from ranklist will get CodeChef laddus
With CodeChef laddus, the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: https://www.codechef.com/laddu. However, our sole intention lies in making our users learn new concepts while competing.
What’s new in CodeChef?
You may now play with our new groups & LaTex feature on discuss.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com .
- Discussing CodeChef's problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- You can also send in your queries in an email to contest- firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- If anyone is using code from some other source in his submission, he should provide proper attribution. Failing this, it may be considered plagiarism and the submission will be subject to disqualification.
- The number of submissions that one can make during the contest on the problem will be limited to 200 for Tie breaker problem and 500 for rest.
Note: You can now "Code, Compile, and Run" your codes on our newly launched Online IDE.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
22nd June: Because of the issue in KNICOV, users who were affected by the rejudge, and whose rating had decreased in COOK83, have had their ratings restored. That is, among users who had submissions whose verdicts changed because of the rejudge, if their rating had reduced, it has been nullified. We realize that it is still unfair to some people, but it was decided that this was the suitable approach. We deeply apologize for the trouble.
23:42 IST: The contest has been extended by 30 minutes, due to the issue in KNICOV.
23:14 IST: Re-judge of all submissions in KNICOV has been finished.
23:09 IST: Problem KNICOV had wrong testdata. It has been fixed and all submissions are being re-judged. Apologies for the error.
21:30 IST: In the Mandarin translation of ADADET, the third line of the sample input should be "1 130" instead of "0 130".