- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. Comments will be published only after admin approval during the contest. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com
- Discussing CodeChef’s problems or any aspect of problem, on any other platform on web, on identification, could lead to disabling of respective account and banning from the community.
- You can also send in your queries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- Contest problems will become visible on January 18th, 2015 at 21:30 (IST). There will be 5 problems in all. Check your timezone here.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- You shall not possess more than one account on CodeChef. If you have, then do let us know, so that we can deactivate the insignificant one. If you do not report it and we come to know about it, we may deactivate both the accounts permanently.
- If anyone is using code from some other source in his submission, he should provide proper proper attribution. Failing this, it may be considered plagiarism and the submission will be subject to disqualification.
- All participants are expected to abide by the CodeChef Code Of Conduct.
Note: You can now “Code, Compile, and Run” your codes on our newly launched IDE here.
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don't have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don't access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission "private" (not secret)".
18/01/2015, 22:45: The contest has been extended by 1 hr. It will now end at 0100 hrs IST. The site is up and working. We regret the inconvenience caused
18/01/2015, 21:30: The rankings for the contest can be found here.