The June Cook-off has ended.
The editorials for the contest can be found here.
The Winners blog can be found here.
All the solutions for the problem set are public and the problems have been moved to practice section.
In case you are a new user, you will need to first register for a CodeChef ID here.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. Comments will be published only after admin approval during the contest. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com
- You can also send in your queries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- Contest problems will become visible on June 17th, 2012 at 21:30 (IST). There will be 5 problems in all. Check your timezone here.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each user in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
17/06/2012, 22:00 IST : Due to some technical issues, we are taking the site down for 10 minutes. We will be extending the contest. Regret the inconvenience caused.
17/06/2012, 22:17 IST :Â The site is back online. The site had gone extremely slow. It should be working fine now. We are embarrassed and we deeply regret the inconvenience caused. We have extended the contest by 10 minutes.
17/06/2012, 22:21 IST : The rankings for the contest can be found here.
18/06/2012, 00:14 IST : The users were unable to submit their solution in the extended time of 10 minutes. So we have once again extended the contest for 10 minutes. Regret the inconvenience.