- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. Comments will be published only after admin approval during the contest. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send in your queries in an email to email@example.com, during the contest.
- Contest problems will become visible on October 15th, 2010 at 21:30 (IST). There will be 5 problems in all.
- This is a team based contest (up to 3 participants). You must register your team by 21:29 IST on October 15th to participate (see the registration link below).
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Teams are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each team in ascending order of time..
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- You can register for this contest at http://www.codechef.com/teams/register/COOK03 (you must be logged in before registering)
- How to register for a team contest?
- Login with your normal CodeChef user ID.
- Click on the registration link above and fill out the form.
- Click logout in the top right corner and login using the Team Name and password you registered with.
- Everyone must use the same team login to submit to team based contests.
- You can get more information about team contests here.
NOTE: Registration at CodeChef for the warmup contest has nothing to do with registration for the actual ACM ICPC contests. This is merely a warm up contest.
9:35 PM: The RankList for the CodeChef Kanpur Cook Off is available here: http://www.codechef.com/rankings/COOK03
9:40 PM: Problem Statements for Cooling Pies and Two Chefs have been updated.
9:55 PM: We are having some issues with the scoring. We are investigating the same and shall get back to you shortly. Please be patient.
10:52 PM: Time limit for DIGITS is 15seconds. The problem statement mentiuoned 10seconds by mistake.
11:31 PM: Output 1 in the problem statement of 'The Perfect Chocolate Candy' has been updated.
11:49 PM: The scoring issue has been identified and all the problems are being rejudged now. The ranks are being updated though it will take us some more time to get them updated. We apologise for this inconvinience. Thanks for being patient with us.
12:05 AM: The contest has now ended.Â The editorials, solutions and final ranklist will be made visible shortly.
12:25 AM: The editorials to the contest problem are available here.