Rules For The Contest
● There will be 10 problems. 5 problems will be live on August 18th, 2013 at 12:00 noon IST. The
remaining 5 on 22nd August 2013 at 12:00 noon i.e. after the closing of the registration for the
event. Check your timezone here.
● User will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases no
regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
● There is no negative marking or penalty for wrong submissions.
● Users are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for
each user in ascending order of time.
● The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a
solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submission of the first
accepted run. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
● This is a TEAM CONTEST. A team can consist of at most 3 members. One person can be part of
only one team.
● The team will have to use a single codechef ID to compete (any one of the team member's will do)
● This competition will be open globally. Anybody can participate and win prizes. But to claim the
prizes, one should register here before 12:00 noon on 22nd of August 2013.
● Team members cannot be changed during the event.
● The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be
● Anyone can participate, but only those participants studying in college/school are eligible for cash
● Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting
questions, clarifying the problem statement is allowed.
● Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice will be immediately disqualified.
● In case of queries , send a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
The problem statements for Change in Primeland, Help Sherlock, and Save Mumbai, have been updated.
Solutions for the problem 'Help Sherlock' have been rejudged. Please check and notify if there is any problem.
Also note that the final rank calculation for the prizes will be done after removing the penalties.
Results for Bytecode can be seen here
With global ranking on this link
Please note that the ranking for prizes is calculated for those participants who have registered for the event by removing the penalty time (20 minutes per penalty).