- The contest will be conducted over the Internet.
- It is a team event. A team consists of 3 contestants.
- Teams whose registration formalities are cleared are only eligible to participate in the contest.
- You have to login with the team login id and password that has been sent to you by via email.
- Any number of teams may participate from an Institution.
- Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok
- Comments will be published only after admin approval during the contest. If you are unsure, email us at email@example.com
- You can also send your queries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the contest.
- Contest problems will become visible on the contest landing page on CodeChef on Saturday, 19th October 2013 at 11:00 AM. (IST)
- Organizing Institute will not be responsible in case your program does not work at our environment, so try to use one of the mentioned compiler versions.
- Selected teams will be notified by email/website on 29th October 2013.
- Judge's decision will be treated as final. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Kanpur Site will not be responsible for any internet failure during the online contest at the contestant's site.
- Each participating team must submit solutions within 2.5 hours from the contest start time as mentioned in the submission procedure.
- Any type of discussion on the contest problems during the contest may lead to disqualification of not only the team but also all teams of the same Institute.
- You will receive one point for solving a problem (passing all test cases - no partial credit), regardless of the level of difficulty of that problem.
- Teams are ranked according to the most problems solved. Ties will be broken by the total time for each team in ascending order of time.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved. The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submittal of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem. There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
- Each program will be tested based on our critical test data. A program will be considered as correct if its output matches with our output against our critical test data.
- Selection of Teams may or may not reflect the Ranking of the Teams. For selection of the team procedure read below.
- There are 60-65 seats available for the on-site contest.
- All teams will be divided into groups where each group consists of all teams of the same Institute or School.
- All teams of the same group will be ranked with respect to their performances.
- To get a seat by a group for the on-site contest, a team of that group has to submit at least one correct program. An attempt will be made to provide a seat for the on-site contest to the best ranked team of that group.
- In case it is found that the number of selected teams in this process is less than the available seats, best ranked teams among the non-selected teams will be considered to fill the remaining seats.
- In case it is found that the number of selected teams is more than the available seats, worst ranked teams among the selected teams will not be given the seats for the on-site contest.
- The Online contest will be open to all teams who have completed the registration formalities.
- All registered teams have to participate in the online contest which will be held on Saturday, 19 October 2013 from 11:00 AM - 01:30 PM (IST).
- Only top few teams with better performance in the online contest will be advanced for the Kanpur Site contest to be held on 12 & 13 December 2013.
- Programs are to be written in C, C++ or Java.
- For C/C++ programs use GNU C/ GNU C++ (Command: gcc/g++ file.c) compilers. (For C use gcc-4.8.1 compiler, for C++ use gcc-4.8.1 compiler)
- For Java programs, use JDK 1.7.0_25. Use the usual commands: javac for compilation and java for running the program.
19/10/2013 11:27AM: The leaderboard for the contest can be found hereÂ http://www.codechef.com/rankings/ACMKAN13/